Thread: Wow! New iMac PRO Demo 8k Unrendered NEW FCPX 10.4 w Color Wheel, 360 editing,

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 Wow! New iMac PRO Demo 8k Unrendered NEW FCPX 10.4 w Color Wheel, 360 editing, 
    Wow! Did anyone else miss apple Creative summit yesterday where they previewed new iMac Pro running a new version of FCPX 10.4.

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/news...tools-built-in

10.4 on iMac Pro can play 4K native RED footage with colour correction & title overlay unrendered on the timeline
    10.4 on iMac Pro can play optimised (ProRes 4444) in 8K with colour correction and effects in an unrendered timeline
    Support for HDR
    HEVC Support
    360 tools built in including 360 and 360 3D titles built in motion
    New Colour Wheels with RGB and Hue/Saturation Curves

.... and WHOLE BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF!!
    www.KaonMultimedia.com
    Director / Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Kalechi Noel View Post
    New Colour Wheels with RGB and Hue/Saturation Curves

Finally, they realized it. However, thank to Apple for still supporting and developing FCPX
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

"FCPX" or is it really "iMovie Pro"

I had a chance to see the new fcpx in action some very impressive things in there!!! Might not please the top few percent but certianly will take the entire middle market.
    Nikolai Pigarev

MX, EPIC, WEAPON, HELIUM, MoVi, Qtake - all the toys in Moscow, Russia

nikolaipigarev (AT) me (DOT) com

Quote Originally Posted by Shiblon Wixom View Post
    "FCPX" or is it really "iMovie Pro"

Oh, I say it a fairly pro. If you define your professionalism by the software you use, I don’t.

Neither do these guys I think. Not sure they would care if anyone thinks the software they used wasn’t pro enough.

LOL

http://www.fcp.co/final-cut-pro/arti...-grammy-awards

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

Saying "10.4 on iMac Pro can play 4K native RED footage with colour correction & title overlay unrendered on the timeline" is really meaningless. I can do the same thing with 8k Helium on MacPro 5.1 easy. The trick is the debayer quality setting. Nowhere did they mention, that the material wasn't "optimized" in the background (it probably was) or what debayer quality was used. Regardless, I can do the same thing on Resolve at 1/8 quality without any "optimization" in real time (higher res may also work depending on the R3D compression) and that means at 1/8 I'm still doing an HD resolution. And all that can be done on a computer at a tiny fraction of the price- around $1500 for MacPro 5.1 with GTX1080 vs estimated price of $17,5k for iMacPro...
    And I can upgrade my MacPro with newer and cheaper GPUs, bigger and faster SSDs, newer video output cards as they become available and all that always within the same computer enclosure without resorting to the rat's nest of TB cables with external enclosures.
    Using iMac IMHO for any kind of professional work is a mistake. At least wait for the next generation of MacPro. Hopefully Apple will finally come to it's senses and designs a proper professional computer, that is upgradable and reasonably priced.
    Jake Blackstone
    Colorist
    Los Angeles
    MOD Color Web Site
    Demo Reel

It'd be rad if they finally allowed user changeable pause/playback quality (e.g. full quality paused, 1/8 playback); then it would always run in realtime.

When is 10.4 dropping?

Well we ALL know your machine is not running 8k pro res 444 with titles and effects so what’s the point of mentioning your old Mac Pro!? Lol

The new iMac pro imo is the best Value for your dollar! Aside from all the configurable horse power under the hood , The 5k retina screen is also 10bit . A nicely configured iMac will do everything you need it to do (editing and color )

Quote Originally Posted by jake blackstone View Post
    Saying "10.4 on iMac Pro can play 4K native RED footage with colour correction & title overlay unrendered on the timeline" is really meaningless. I can do the same thing with 8k Helium on MacPro 5.1 easy. The trick is the debayer quality setting. Nowhere did they mention, that the material wasn't "optimized" in the background (it probably was) or what debayer quality was used. Regardless, I can do the same thing on Resolve at 1/8 quality without any "optimization" in real time (higher res may also work depending on the R3D compression) and that means at 1/8 I'm still doing an HD resolution. And all that can be done on a computer at a tiny fraction of the price- around $1500 for MacPro 5.1 with GTX1080 vs estimated price of $17,5k for iMacPro...
    And I can upgrade my MacPro with newer and cheaper GPUs, bigger and faster SSDs, newer video output cards as they become available and all that always within the same computer enclosure without resorting to the rat's nest of TB cables with external enclosures.
    Using iMac IMHO for any kind of professional work is a mistake. At least wait for the next generation of MacPro. Hopefully Apple will finally come to it's senses and designs a proper professional computer, that is upgradable and reasonably priced.
    www.KaonMultimedia.com
    Director / Producer

It was not optimized. They stated so. I was there.

It was playing back on "Best Quality" setting (not "Best Performance").

Be skeptical if you want. Your choice.

Apple's biggest claim to fame on performance has everything to do with the match between software and hardware. I doubt you'll get this kind of performance out of Premier Pro on the new iMac Pro. (But we'll have to wait to see.)

Oh - and, BTW - it also played 8K footage - optimized - without a hiccup.
    Last edited by Terry VerHaar; 10-28-2017 at 07:47 PM.
    Scarlet Dragon
    Scarlet-W

It's good to see that Apple is stil optimizing it's soft and hardware. Adobe should have a good look at Apple, Davinci and all the others.
    I'm not an apple adept but they sure know how to deliver a good screen.