Thread: Monstro VV RD3 frames

Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    [IMG]A013_C017_1119J9.0000246F by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]

Redcine_X on previuos page

Redcine-x plus a slight noise reduction in Resolve

[IMG]noise red by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by rand thompson; 11-19-2017 at 08:22 PM.

here's a more "nighttime setting sun" look.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j6yo56ytf5...0look.RMD?dl=0

Redcine-x plus slight noise reduction in Davince resolve.

[IMG]noise reduction_1.2.1 by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by rand thompson; 11-19-2017 at 10:38 PM.

To the Extreme, Redcine-X plus noise reduction and slight Grade in Resolve.

[IMG]best extreme_1.4.3 by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by rand thompson; 11-21-2017 at 12:05 AM.

To be able to adjust the post latitude on the Monstro seems to be almost limitless. After looking at these examples in this post it seems to be very flexible to what ever you want to do with the image as long as there is a reasonable amount of info in the image to start with.
    I think we haven't really seen what is available out of this new sensor and probably won't for some time. when more of them are out in the wild and producing more images.
    Epic Forged Weapon (Aerial)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312

Russ,

I think Monstro will continue to be further optimized by Red to get even more from the sensor. And, when properly lit, the true beauty of Monstro will be shown.

To the extreme, Redcine plus noise reduction and slight grade in resolve.

[IMG]A002_C012_1028I1.0000139F_S000.0000000 by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]monument extreme_1.2.12 by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]

I would rather you wait to post footage when the sensor has been completed. To see this test footage with all of this noise and imperfections is not good for people with high hopes for 8K.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron michaels View Post
    I would rather you wait to post footage when the sensor has been completed. To see this test footage with all of this noise and imperfections is not good for people with high hopes for 8K.
    You should download and play with the r3d's yourself. Rand is pushing these clips to the far extremes to see when they break. You can lift the shadows on any sensor and reveal noise and imperfections.

Here's that last one at ISO 2000, no grade, just straight IPP2 Medium Contrast/Soft Rolloff. ISO Calibration 2, mind you, this would be the same as pushing Dragon to 4000! You'll see that Rand pushed his grade like 2 or more stops beyond this.

a.k.a. Lochness Digital

Thanks a lot Aaron Lochert for explaining it for me! I really appreciate it!

obviously, no one would ever use something like the grades I made above in a "professional" capacity, which is why I didn't even include a .RMD file for the last 2 "Extreme" grades.

Erich Roland provided some footage, which myself, Aaron Lochert, Les Hillis, and sabovic Adis attempted to grade. In the "woman in the car" grade, we attempted to properly expose the images the best way we could. Les and Aaron chose to take it to a more "professionally" acceptable point. I on the other hand may have taken it too far, but it was only to see what Monstro was capable of.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 11-26-2017 at 11:58 PM.