Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Non touch LCD monitor and EPIC-W camera configuration

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Non touch LCD monitor and EPIC-W camera configuration 
    Dear All,

Both of my RED LCD monitors ( Touch version ) have gone bad and it is being repaired. In the mean time I'm planning to use a smallHD or non touch RED LCD. In this case, how do we change the camera ( EPIC-W) settings? Any help will be highly appreciated..

Regards,
    Manoj

I would say just get fool control and control it from there
    EPIC-W #412

Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Is your wifi turned on in the camera settings before you shipped your monitors away? I dont know of any way to activate the wifi without another control source so I leave the camera wifi on just in case my touch monitor dies.

If its not on you`ll need to borrow a touch and then you can use foolcontrol.
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W

There is no way to use the Red DSMC2 Side Handle and have the selections and menus show up on an external monitor on the overlay?

I just use my sidewinder. Works great!
    RED EPIC-W #3508

http://www.red.com/store/products/ds...camera-control

these work great. Even has slick controls for curves

"Is your wifi turned on in the camera settings before you shipped your monitors away? I dont know of any way to activate the wifi without another control source so I leave the camera wifi on just in case my touch monitor dies.

If its not on you`ll need to borrow a touch and then you can use foolcontrol."

Least dependable method. Even if Wifi is turned on FC could just plain never find your camera. Even if it has connected before.

Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bai View Post
    "Is your wifi turned on in the camera settings before you shipped your monitors away? I dont know of any way to activate the wifi without another control source so I leave the camera wifi on just in case my touch monitor dies.

If its not on you`ll need to borrow a touch and then you can use foolcontrol."

Least dependable method. Even if Wifi is turned on FC could just plain never find your camera. Even if it has connected before.
    I hear you. My reliable wifi signal distance is about 3 foot. Better than your zero foot I guess.

Fool Control is the cheapest method assuming the OP has no other need for a sidekick.
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W

Quote Originally Posted by Donald MJ Anderson View Post
    I hear you. My reliable wifi signal distance is about 3 foot. Better than your zero foot I guess.

Fool Control is the cheapest method assuming the OP has no other need for a sidekick.
    I set my new iPhone on top of the camera itself. On the fans, to a camera it has connected to in the past. Doing all normal troubleshoot ideas nothing would connect or happen. To say it is not a dependable method is even laughable. You will have a better chance using a can of beans, dont dare try that on a shoot. Or do. But expect the worst, which is absolutely to be expected, with FC on a dependability level. Which is expect to go home early.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald MJ Anderson View Post

No it is not the cheapest method, it is $200 down the drain. BETTER to buy ANYTHING hard wired. REDMOTE???