Thread: Another IPP2 question!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Another IPP2 question! 
    Hi
    I use a Scarlet Dragon and my workflow used to be converting the footage to Redlogfilm along with whatever tweaks in RedcineX then save an RMD file before importing to FCPX. Simple... so now with the IPP2 update I figured with a new job import it via the new IPP2 workflow.. so far so great as there is clearly a great improvement in highlight rolloff especially if you have chromatic aberrations present. Anyway I figured you need to save an RMD as before but loading the clip into FCPX just brings in the clip as captured in the cameras color space. I updated the FCP plugin which has the support for Log3G10 and I have ended up changing the clip in FCPX.
    So in short if using the IPP2 workflow when importing clips what do I have to do so they are imported into FCPX with whatever changes I have made in RCX.. Sorry if I am missing something obvious!

So,

You are not seeing IPP2 clips in FCP X after making adjustments in RCX and importing into FCP X correct?

Testing myself now.

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

Yes, Its as if the IPP2 information isn't part of the RMD file..

4. #4 IPP2 Export issues 
    I'm having an issue with my exports out of RCXP in that I can't select any options for "Output Transform". The dropdown boxes look to be enabled but don't respond or give me any options, such as "Rec 709". I'm looking to export Prores 4444. I've tried reinstalling as well as going through my preferences and I can't seem to find anything to enable these options for me. Feel like I'm missing a fairly easy fix...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Slobodan View Post
    I'm having an issue with my exports out of RCXP in that I can't select any options for "Output Transform". The dropdown boxes look to be enabled but don't respond or give me any options, such as "Rec 709". I'm looking to export Prores 4444. I've tried reinstalling as well as going through my preferences and I can't seem to find anything to enable these options for me. Feel like I'm missing a fairly easy fix...
    Do you have the quicktime codec installed? I believe its no longer supported by apple for windows and is an internet security risk.

1) after first giving an error message and pressing "ok"you get this.

[IMG]Screenshot (24) by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]

2) then pressing "ok" on the main setup window you get this.

[IMG]Screenshot (25 by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Last edited by rand thompson; 10-16-2017 at 05:51 PM.

I believe you are also looking under the wrong "file format" for "prores".

[IMG]Screenshot (27) by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]Screenshot (26) by rand thompson, on Flickr[/IMG]

[QUOTE=rand thompson;1764055]I believe you are also looking under the wrong "file format" for "prores".

You were exactly right. Thanks Rand.

No problem Sean.

Hi David

Did you determine any more with the workflow issue?

You are correct about IPP2 info not being seen by FCPX. You can either A) do your grading in RCPX and send over exported PR files or load the iPP2 LUTs into something like Color Finale (no CDL) and ignore RCPX altogether. I'm doing the latter. Works well enough it doesn't bother me at all.
    ~ Jay Friesen, CSI