Thread: PROBLEM MOUNTING MAG 120GB AFTER NEW UPDATE

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 PROBLEM MOUNTING MAG 120GB AFTER NEW UPDATE 
    Hi guys, something strange happened...after the new update to the last firmware, I have problem to mount my 120SSD Mag.
    It has always be secured formatted in camera (never on my Imac) and never had problems until now.
    I have to mount a lot of times before it works, and after I offload the files in my Imac it does again, and I have to try several times!!!
    Any idea! Is it a bug???
    Thanks
    Attached Images

I've had this problem too, occasionally. Although very rare, the 120GB MiniMag was unable to mount after offloading data onto MacBook Pro. The weird thing is even if you set the RED WatchDog to "Read Only" the MiniMag is still writable (and I found some hidden folders from the Mac system), I think this is maybe related to how the Mac ejects the drive.
    SCARLET-W #004760

A few things.

- If you install a new firmware on your camera it's usually a good idea to run a "Secure Format" once you get the card to mount.
    - Do not manually delete files off the card, I could say the same for copying things to the card that aren't LUTs, Looks, CDLs, Firmware etc.
    - Only Format RED Media in camera. This is the only way you should be deleting clips off the card.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Yes guys never did on Mac always in camera. The weird thing is that happened after offloading clips in my Imac. I had to insert the mag severla times before it worked. Is an intermittent problem...hope will be fixed!

I encountered this problem 2 weeks ago with a 980GB card. The card failed to mount several times over the course of three days. It was an intermittent problem, and did not seem to affect the slightly older 1TB card I was also using. I did switch to using secure format, and while that seemed to help it didn't completely eliminate the problem. I am on an older version of the firmware - from before August.