Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Announcing RED ARMOR-W ./ Sensor Swap Program

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    1. Your WEAPON has to be under warranty to go into RED ARMOR-W. Cannot fall out of warranty and then get into extended warranty. But, maybe I am missing something, but WEAPON comes with a 2-year warranty, and HELIUM has only been around for a year?

2. Existing WEAPON customers can be grandfathered in, but have to opt in by end of year. After that, only available at time of WEAPON purchase.

3. Yes. And yes. One swap a year is included with RED ARMOR-W.

4. You would let warranty expire. From there, you can put sensor in another camera or get it shipped back to you. If you get it shipped back, up to you what you do with it.

Typo fixed...
    Ahhhh I was thinking it was a 1 year... My apologies. Thats all awesome news!! By "Opt in", you mean pay full price by end of year? Or just let your bombsquad rep know you'd like to put your name in for it and then you have time before your warranty expires to jump in. Also, And can you still take advantage of the sensor swap program for $1950 per swap if you're not in the Red Armor-W?

John Brennick
    Sr. Compositor
    www.johnbrennick.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1562986/

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brennick View Post
    Ahhhh I was thinking it was a 1 year... My apologies. Thats all awesome news!! By "Opt in", you mean pay full price by end of year? Or just let your bombsquad rep know you'd like to put your name in for it and then you have time before your warranty expires to jump in. Also, And can you still take advantage of the sensor swap program for $1950 per swap if you're not in the Red Armor-W?
    Pay for it by EOY. No, swapping is exclusive to RED ARMOR-W.

Senior Member gandalf de maupeou's Avatar
    Nice! Feels like a first taste of what dsmc3 could be with sensors as easy to swap as olpfs.

Very cool!
    Philanthropist | Filmmaker | Photographer

Is there an award for coolest company EVER?
    Red lifts the bar for customer care almost every time something is announced.
    Thank you Jim, Jarred and RED!
    The nutjob formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE Camera #1333 Epic-X # 1003 |||

If you are part of RED ARMOR-W, it is no longer an "upgrade". Meaning, whatever sensor you take out, we set aside for you. And then you can swap back to it.

You get one swap a year. So, in your example, if you went from HELIUM MONOCHROME to HELIUM, that is your swap. When/If you want to go back to HELIUM MONOCHROME, you have to pay to swap it back in ($1950).

Also, this program - even if you don't want to swap - you get one freebie sensor repair a year. So, you have HELIUM. Accidental damage, you can swap in a replacement HELIUM. At no charge. Extra peace of mind, esp if you are a rental house or rent your cam...

RED ARMOR-W is WEAPON CF or WEAPON stormtrooper only.

Jarred has been saying for months "You want to be in WEAPON." Today, folks see some of the many reasons why...

But, rest assured, we have stated that all non-RAVEN DSMC2 will have upgrade paths. There are just none at this time.
    why is the raven becoming the bastard step child? " all non-RAVEN DSMC2 will have upgrade paths" we are all the biggest group of new red owners, though a big percentage of us have supported using reds since dino and his basket of red ones! haha.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Jordan, from day one, we said there would be no upgrade path for RAVEN once the path to upgrade from RAVEN / RAVEN deposit holders to SCARLET-W. So, there certainly was an opportunity to move into the continued upgrade path.

Jordan, from day one, we said there would be no upgrade path for RAVEN once the path to upgrade from RAVEN / RAVEN deposit holders to SCARLET-W. So, there certainly was an opportunity to move into the continued upgrade path.
    oh, i guess i missed that, i remember deposit holders could change, but raven already in my hands for a year, i didnt see that option. anyways, still very happy with my raven and i dont have a need to upgrade, i was more just curious because you guys always had a path for every camera eventually, even the red one!
    thanks for the response!

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    oh, i guess i missed that, i remember deposit holders could change, but raven already in my hands for a year, i didnt see that option. anyways, still very happy with my raven and i dont have a need to upgrade, i was more just curious because you guys always had a path for every camera eventually, even the red one!
    thanks for the response!
    Actually, I stand corrected, the prior upgrade path was RAVEN owner to EPIC-W. Before they took delivery, RAVEN deposit holders had option to SCARLET-W or EPIC-W.

Brent, for ST Helium with Armor W - How much for the new Monstro sensor? The same 15k-ish for upgrade price?
    Is it possible to swap to another camera with Armor w?
    Thanks

If you are part of RED ARMOR-W, it is no longer an "upgrade". Meaning, whatever sensor you take out, we set aside for you. And then you can swap back to it.

You get one swap a year. So, in your example, if you went from HELIUM MONOCHROME to HELIUM, that is your swap. When/If you want to go back to HELIUM MONOCHROME, you have to pay to swap it back in ($1950).

Also, this program - even if you don't want to swap - you get one freebie sensor repair a year. So, you have HELIUM. Accidental damage, you can swap in a replacement HELIUM. At no charge. Extra peace of mind, esp if you are a rental house or rent your cam...

RED ARMOR-W is WEAPON CF or WEAPON stormtrooper only.

Jarred has been saying for months "You want to be in WEAPON." Today, folks see some of the many reasons why...

But, rest assured, we have stated that all non-RAVEN DSMC2 will have upgrade paths. There are just none at this time.
    Raphael Varandas
    DCINE Digital Cinema
    www.dcine.tv

raphael@dcine.tv
    Atendimento@dcine.tv
    A special place to find Dragons, Glasses, Post Solutions on Set and a GREAT coffee ;)

SAO PAULO - BRASIL +5511.55498419 Office/+5511.999032463 mobile

Brazilian Storm Trooper - GHOSTY

Helium 8K
    Dragon 6K
    Superspeeds ( 18/25/35/50/65/85)
    Cooke's
    Angenieux's
    DIT Carts
    Post Solutions and more