Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Announcing RED ARMOR-W ./ Sensor Swap Program

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    For those of us already in the VV queue who were upgraded from Dragon to Helium as an interim solution, where does that leave us in terms of sensor swap options and pricing?
    Its in the Armor-W package described above.

www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post

RED ARMOR-W is WEAPON CF or WEAPON stormtrooper only.
    What about the unicorn Forged 8K Dragon VV? :)
    Mark L. Pederson | Director of Technology | OFFHOLLYWOOD
    Blog - MegaPixels.io
    http://twitter.com/offhollywood

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    Its in the Armor-W package described above.
    But it’s not, or I’m too dense to find it. We had the 6K Dragon sensor. We were given the option to have Helium 8K installed as a loaner sensor and interim 8K solution until VV became available. Technically we own the 6K Dragon sensor and are borrowing the Helium. A couple weeks back when Jarred dropped a few hints about this sensor swap program, he said that those waiting for VV who had the Helium loaners would have a way to retain the Helium sensor and it seemed that some different or special pricing was implied. I’m just asking for clarification — Do We pay the same $9500 as everyone else to keep that Helium sensor? Or does it get kept with our camera as it’s the one being pulled out for the VV swap? Some other intermediate pricing option? I’d never swap back to the 6K Dragon sensor... Not when I can shoot 6K on the Monstro with the same pixel size and better tech. If the Helium must be bought for full price I’d pass and consider getting a monochrome sensor to swap instead.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Weaponized Dragon for hire. 8K available... "soon"

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario Gonsalves View Post
    Not everyone can afford Weapons in one shot :( Would if I could. Hopefully the upgrade paths that come along will change that.
    Understood. We just closed some options for SCARLET-W folks to upgrade up last week. And, as I said, there will eventually be future paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    For those of us already in the VV queue who were upgraded from Dragon to Helium as an interim solution, where does that leave us in terms of sensor swap options and pricing?
    Glad you asked.

WEAPON owners with existing VV-preorder that have the "loaner" HELIUM in their cameras have three choices:

1) Keep the HELIUM and forgo the MONSTRO.

2) When they move to MONSTRO, they can "purchase" the "loaner" HELIUM sensor for $2500 and have it installed in a EPIC-W for $22,500 or WEAPON CF for $42,500.

3) When they move to MONSTRO, they can "purchase" the "loaner" HELIUM sensor for $4500 and have it part of their sensor bank under RED ARMOR-W, should they purchase that.
    Last edited by Brent@RED; 10-05-2017 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    What about the unicorn Forged 8K Dragon VV? :)
    Of course, that is part of RED ARMOR-W as well, if you have one already. And want to keep it over MONSTRO.

Glad you asked.

WEAPON owners with existing VV-preorder that have the "loaner" HELIUM in their cameras have three choices:

2) When they move to MONSTRO, they can "purchase" the "loaner" HELIUM sensor for $2500 and have it installed in a EPIC-W for $22,500 or WEAPON CF for $42,500.

3) When they move to MONSTRO, they can "purchase" the "loaner" HELIUM sensor for $4500 and have it part of their sensor bank under RED ARMOR-X, should they purchase that.
    Awesome! Thanks, Brent.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Weaponized Dragon for hire. 8K available... "soon"

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    No problemo!

Understood. We just closed some options for SCARLET-W folks to upgrade up last week. And, as I said, there will eventually be future paths.

Glad you asked.

3) When they move to MONSTRO, they can "purchase" the "loaner" HELIUM sensor for $4500 and have it part of their sensor bank under RED ARMOR-X, should they purchase that.

Thanks for all of the info Brent!! Few questions just for clarification.

1. I went to weapon helium but I dont currently have an armor warranty. My 1 year warranty is up in November I believe. Does that mean I have till December 31st to enroll in the program?

2. Is the sensor swap program only available to sign up for until December 31st for existing customers? (What happens after December 31st?)

3. I have a helium sensor and I buy the monstro, I pay the $29,500 for the monstro and my helium goes into the bank? That uses up the one time swap. Next year I want to go back to helium, I keep my monstro in my sensor bank and get a free swap back to S35? Then I have options to buy other sensors to store in my sensor bank as well? (Sorry if it seems redundant, I just wanted to make sure I read it correctly.)

4. What if by chance someone decides "I actually dont think I'm going to ever use sensor again, and I'd love to liquidate something to free up capital for the next big thing from Red..." can they sell a sensor to someone if they're just in love with the monstro and dont need the 8K S35?

You guys are so far ahead of the curve when it comes to innovation. Not just on the technology side, but in terms of business. Thank you for always keeping the game interesting!

Best,

-John

John Brennick
    Sr. Compositor
    www.johnbrennick.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1562986/

Glad you asked.

Glad he did too :)

BTW- did you mean ARMOR-W?

www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Brennick View Post
    Thanks for all of the info Brent!! Few questions just for clarification.

1. I went to weapon helium but I dont currently have an armor warranty. My 1 year warranty is up in November I believe. Does that mean I have till December 31st to enroll in the program?

2. Is the sensor swap program only available to sign up for until December 31st for existing customers? (What happens after December 31st?)

3. I have a helium sensor and I buy the monstro, I pay the $29,500 for the monstro and my helium goes into the bank? That uses up the one time swap. Next year I want to go back to helium, I keep my monstro in my sensor bank and get a free swap back to S35? Then I have options to buy other sensors to store in my sensor bank as well? (Sorry if it seems redundant, I just wanted to make sure I read it correctly.)

4. What if by chance someone decides "I actually dont think I'm going to ever use sensor again, and I'd love to liquidate something to free up capital for the next big thing from Red..." can they sell a sensor to someone if they're just in love with the monstro and dont need the 8K S35?

You guys are so far ahead of the curve when it comes to innovation. Not just on the technology side, but in terms of business. Thank you for always keeping the game interesting!

Best,

-John
    1. Your WEAPON has to be under warranty to go into RED ARMOR-W. Cannot fall out of warranty and then get into extended warranty. But, maybe I am missing something, but WEAPON comes with a 2-year warranty, and HELIUM has only been around for a year?

2. Existing WEAPON customers can be grandfathered in, but have to opt in by end of year. After that, only available at time of WEAPON purchase.

3. Yes. And yes. One swap a year is included with RED ARMOR-W.

4. You would let warranty expire. From there, you can put sensor in another camera or get it shipped back to you. If you get it shipped back, up to you what you do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    Glad he did too :)

BTW- did you mean ARMOR-W?
    Typo fixed...