Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Announcing RED ARMOR-W ./ Sensor Swap Program

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Announcing RED ARMOR-W ./ Sensor Swap Program 
    RED ARMOR-W offers enhanced camera and sensor protection over and above standard RED ARMOR.

Stuff like accidental laser damage to a sensor is now covered, and you can renew coverage for up to five years.

Only available to WEAPON carbon fiber and WEAPON stormtrooper.

If you are an existing WEAPON carbon fiber owner (or a stormtrooper, of course), you can contact your rep to get this.

We will pro-rate your existing RED ARMOR, if needed. Once we start new sales of the VV sensor, you will be able to get it at time of purchase only

https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012904627

Includes :

Standard RED ARMOR coverage plus any accidental sensor damage for the covered WEAPON

Ability to enroll into an annual extension warranty term with up to five (5) years total coverage

One sensor swap or damaged sensor replacement per year

Camera health check and tune-up with every sensor swap or damaged sensor replacement

Customers can purchase one WEAPON and have access to multiple sensors

Who is initially eligible?

RED ARMOR-W is open to all WEAPON CF and WEAPON [Limited Edition] cameras or new sensor purchases after the launch of the MONSTROTM 8K VV sensor on October 5th, 2017.

Customers who already own WEAPON CF or WEAPON [Limited Edition] cameras have to currently be under warranty and contact a Sales representative by December 31st, 2017 to enroll.

Which sensors will be eligible to purchase under RED ARMOR-W?

DRAGON 6K
    HELIUM 8K S35
    HELIUM 8K S35 Monochrome
    MONSTRO 8K VV

What is the pricing?

RED ARMOR-W is $5,900 with a 2-year commitment.

At the end of the two (2) years, you are eligible to enroll in an annual renewal for $2,950 per year for up to an additional three (3) years (for five (5) years of total coverage)

How much does it cost to swap a sensor?

One (1) free sensor swap per year, each additional sensor swap is $1,950.

How much do sensors cost?

$9,500 for an 8K S35 sensor
    $29,500 for a VV sensor

Can RED ARMOR be upgraded to RED ARMOR-W?

Yes, if the WEAPON camera currently has active RED ARMOR a discount will be provided with the purchase of RED ARMOR-W. Contact your Sales representative for additional details.

Is RED ARMOR-W transferable?

No, RED ARMOR-W is not transferable from one camera to another nor from customer to customer.

I like it. Weapon love 4evah.

Especially intrigued by being able to purchase and swap a monochrome sensor. Can't wait to see pricing. Is it out? or forthcoming?

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
    I like it. Weapon love 4evah.

Especially intrigued by being able to purchase and swap a monochrome sensor. Can't wait to see pricing. Is it out? or forthcoming?
    HELIUM Monochrome will certainly be one of the options.

Woow ! Baller concept. Congrats team! Always ahead
    Raphael Varandas
    DCINE Digital Cinema
    www.dcine.tv

raphael@dcine.tv
    Atendimento@dcine.tv
    A special place to find Dragons, Glasses, Post Solutions on Set and a GREAT coffee ;)

SAO PAULO - BRASIL +5511.55498419 Office/+5511.999032463 mobile

Brazilian Storm Trooper - GHOSTY

Helium 8K
    Dragon 6K
    Superspeeds ( 18/25/35/50/65/85)
    Cooke's
    Angenieux's
    DIT Carts
    Post Solutions and more

I really like this concept a lot, makes total sense to me, thanks and great work. I will definitely be doing this for the carbon fiber I have.

I have a crazy question.

Do you still keep the sensor that gets yanked out? (or will RED keep it for you)

In other words - what if the swap was not an "upgrade" - but a cross grade or downgrade - example: you want to go Helium monochrome from Hellium for a long job and then down the road you need another Helium again.

Can you just pay for the swap and put your previously removed sensor back in?
    Mark L. Pederson | Director of Technology | OFFHOLLYWOOD
    Blog - MegaPixels.io
    http://twitter.com/offhollywood

Any love for SW? I'm currently stuck trying to pay of a €7045 sensor bill for a camera I paid around €8914 for new. :(
    The ratio doesn't seem to add up and it's breaking my bankaccount.

Can I feel some love? :( </3

Also what are the options for SW owners now regarding upgrade? I bought the SW hoping to upgrade in the future instead of the RAVEN.
    Last edited by Mario Gonsalves; 10-05-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    Featured on Shot On Red.
    RED Scarlet-W Owner.

Mario Gonsalves
    Director / DOP
    www.mariogonsalves.com

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    I have a crazy question.

Do you still keep the sensor that gets yanked out? (or will RED keep it for you)

In other words - what if the swap was not an "upgrade" - but a cross grade or downgrade - example: you want to go Helium monochrome from Hellium for a long job and then down the road you need another Helium again.

Can you just pay for the swap and put your previously removed sensor back in?
    If you are part of RED ARMOR-W, it is no longer an "upgrade". Meaning, whatever sensor you take out, we set aside for you. And then you can swap back to it.

You get one swap a year. So, in your example, if you went from HELIUM MONOCHROME to HELIUM, that is your swap. When/If you want to go back to HELIUM MONOCHROME, you have to pay to swap it back in ($1950).

Also, this program - even if you don't want to swap - you get one freebie sensor repair a year. So, you have HELIUM. Accidental damage, you can swap in a replacement HELIUM. At no charge. Extra peace of mind, esp if you are a rental house or rent your cam...

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Gonsalves View Post
    Any love for SW? I'm currently stuck trying to pay of a €7045 sensor bill for a camera I paid around €8914 for new. :(
    The ratio doesn't seem to add up and it's breaking my bankaccount.

Can I feel some love? :( </3

Also what are the options for SW owners now regarding upgrade? I bought the SW hoping to upgrade in the future instead of the RAVEN.
    RED ARMOR-W is WEAPON CF or WEAPON stormtrooper only.

Jarred has been saying for months "You want to be in WEAPON." Today, folks see some of the many reasons why...

But, rest assured, we have stated that all non-RAVEN DSMC2 will have upgrade paths. There are just none at this time.

Not everyone can afford Weapons in one shot :( Would if I could. Hopefully the upgrade paths that come along will change that.
    Featured on Shot On Red.
    RED Scarlet-W Owner.

Mario Gonsalves
    Director / DOP
    www.mariogonsalves.com

For those of us already in the VV queue who were upgraded from Dragon to Helium as an interim solution, where does that leave us in terms of sensor swap options and pricing?
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Weaponized Dragon for hire. 8K available... "soon"