Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC Release v7.0.0

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    IPP2 for WeaponMG?

Menu - Image - Image Pipeline
    I am able to choose
    REDWideGammaRGB
    Log3G10

That is cool!
    Norbert Niederacher
    Weapon MG, Schneider Xenon Primes, Angenieux EZ1 + EZ2

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert Niederacher View Post
    IPP2 for WeaponMG?

Menu - Image - Image Pipeline
    I am able to choose
    REDWideGammaRGB
    Log3G10

That is cool!
    That's just the Color Space and Gamma Curve. To experience things like the Output Tone Map Curve and Highlight Roll-Off via IPP2 and the general IPP2 grading pipeline you need a camera with Monstro or Helium sensor technology in it.

At the moment though, you can use the 3D LUT Output Transforms to monitor correctly that are available via RED.com.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

3. #33 Summer is coming 
    With the new build I can't seem to change the operating temperature within fan control. If I am in Adaptive Mode and select a temperature more than 38c (say 41c) and then I reboot the camera it defaults back to 38c ? Also if I try to change the operating temperature and then do a black calibration it then names the new calibration 38c rather than the temperature I manually selected. Am I doing it wrong or is this a bug?
    Tom Gleeson

Great that there is a final release of full IPP2 now, but with my WC Cable less V-Mount Plate I do not get any remaining battery time or volts displayed now, the area is just black now.
    It also happened on the beta releases but I thought on the final release this would work.
    Going straight back to prior release but please support this module that we guys can also use the new firmware features. It cannot be a big deal as it worked fine before in the latest release, right?

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    That's just the Color Space and Gamma Curve. To experience things like the Output Tone Map Curve and Highlight Roll-Off via IPP2 and the general IPP2 grading pipeline you need a camera with Monstro or Helium sensor technology in it.

At the moment though, you can use the 3D LUT Output Transforms to monitor correctly that are available via RED.com.
    Norbert Niederacher
    Weapon MG, Schneider Xenon Primes, Angenieux EZ1 + EZ2

Worth the wait! Does this mean the SDK with IPP2 is released as well? Any idea on the time-frame for IPP2 to trickle down to premiere/adobe?

Installed the new Redcine-X Pro (build 50). I'm using it with Epic-X (MX) footage and it doesn't seem to work with the original Redrocket card. If I disable the card Redcine seems to work. Is that card no longer supported for original MX footage?

Pete
    My New Years Resolution is 5k.

Senior Member Anthony Berenato Jr's Avatar
    Hello all to the WC Mount Crew! Last night I wrote a nice e-mail out to info@woodencamera.com and received an e-mail back fairly early this morning. I'm going to share that below, as I feel like this is the proper space and with consideration of informing customers so they know how to plan ahead. I'm posting this with hopes that it will not disrupt any lines between RED and WC within the third-party program, but merely because there are a lot of people asking questions with absolutely no concrete answers... So, I did what Brent mentioned and asked them directly.

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your email. Your thoughts and questions are certainly appreciated. As always our priority is the quality of our products and the user experience of our customers. We have have done all we can to maintain the best user experience, but in the case of complex electronics this must be a joint effort.

When the IPP2 beta was first made public in April, we informed RED about the battery communication issue and they confirmed they were aware of the issue and informed us they were working on a fix. We kept in touch with them about it through the summer and have asked many times for confirmation that they will either fix their firmware or provide us with our own identification code to comply with the new IPP2 communication protocol with no responses received. We have consistently pushed for progress in resolving this issue with RED.

Fortunately, our engineers have simultaneously been working on a new board that is able to interface with the camera in additional ways to provide the type of communication they require. This required a complete redesign and many hundreds of man hours.

There are two potential solutions to the communication issue, first of which is to start a support ticket at RED.com using the link below to ask for them to enable communication for the Cable-less Battery Module. This would be the quickest and easiest solution as it would only require them to add back a few lines of code to their firmware. Option 2 is that Wooden Camera will offer a new PCB that can be installed into our Cable-less products for a price that is yet to be finalized but will be around $100. This new module will feature user upgradeable firmware for any future required changes. Estimate completion of this update is by year end and more information will be provided when available. In the mean time, release firmwares 6.xx is compatible with the Cable-less products to display percentage and time remaining and this can be downloaded from the RED.com downloads page when you click on Release History.

Again, your concerns are heard and appreciated. This is all of the information that I can provide at this time.

File a support ticket:
    https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/req...form_id=238518

Best regards,
    That's all I've got. Hopefully it will calm the fire instead of start a new one. I think a $100 board replacement is okay with me (especially considering how much use I've gotten out of my current one), but I'm also a little bummed that RED couldn't keep that bit of code in-tact until that board offering was made by the end of the year... Granted I know that every little bit of old code cutting counts in regards to adding new features to a camera's boards.
    Anthony Berenato Jr.
    Director / Cinematography Enthusiast
    Web: http://www.anthonyandcamera.com
    Reel: http://vimeo.com/89725163

Weapon Helium 8K #4844

Any word on how the SDK is coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Frederik Marbell View Post
    Any word on how the SDK is coming along?
    It was released yesterday.