Thread: Owning a Red under 10k

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    haha! Funny.

But yeah, is still seeing use. My friend owns two of them (have another friend considering buying one too), and we shot a web series on the weekend with it. (I was doing sound)

And I'll be DoP on a scene from a feature film next month, also shooting it on a RED ONE.

So they get around!
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)

Well gotta admit, we live in a great age for getting into RED cameras at affordable second-hand prices. Only need to think of Prometheus, Gatsby, the Hobbit shot on Epic MX and of course the many Epic Dragon-shot features since then.

One can get into the 'floor' of that look for the price of a Scarlet MX. Of course the repair uncertainty on the MX sensor does make the Dragon sensor that much more compelling, and prices on those are looking more and more inviting too.

+1 for the Scarlet Dragon package. I have it and it is a great tool. There are little bugaboos like windowing in when downresing for high frame rates and no built in mic but it does have a great image.