Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Mark Toia for JEEP.

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Awesome imagery! Listen, IRL, this won't look as gorgeous. I'm from India, and yeah, the beauty is definitely in the EYE of the beholder. If you can't see it, you can't capture it. So kudos to Mark for seeing it and capturing it.

Also, this made me miss my old Jeep Wrangler (FB cover photo) so bad!
    ---
    Nikhil Kamkolkar
    Writer/Filmmaker: http://www.IndianCowboy.com
    Back Kickstarter staff pick ROMEO REPLAYED - a political thriller film: http://bit.ly/romeoreplayed

Amazing....
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Weapon MG

I think this thread should mainly be about celebrating a very talented and humble person. Constructive criticism and discussions are always welcome but lets not forget that this is a camera forum...

Mark is a huge inspiration and I rise my glass to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    I rest my case:
    Let me quote myself
    "we need to be careful about the message we put out"
    What appeals to a Viking may not appeal to a Hindu monk (portrayed in that commercial)
    We are a bit derailed here, as its a camera forum and the topic of the films are a bit of topic.

But, I can only guess they are not trying to sell an expansive SUV car to hindu munks. And if you mean hindu munks would be offended / feeling used to be pictured in the film, then Jeep will get to hear about it, but normally they do quite a bit of research and tests before and after they make a film like this and take precautions. And to me this is a film that shows the glory of india in more than a very respectful way. But again maybe this is like painting ugly Pictures of Mohammed I would not know. I leave that to those that do know.

And I just mean that I think / guess the target is something like the "suit, tie and family success" kind of guys in india and the focus from the creatives was to play on those guys pride that they have for their heritage. And yes, that I think Toia and the creative team has done in a nice way.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo