Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Anton Gold Mount Battery Module Pro

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Nicholas, you are correct. The stud spacing is slightly different on the Cine compared to other AB batteries. I cannot speak for them as to why, but my guess is since this is big and heavy battery, by tightening the spacing, they were ensuring a more robust locking in. When the connector plate is made of plastic, this allows for some flex in the tolerances to allow slightly varied stud placements to all "fit".

With our connecting plate being aluminum, that flexing goes away, and the varied stud spacing creates this issue.

As has been noted here, there is variance in the tolerances on the actual Cine batteries - some fit, some don't. The ones we have do mount, albeit VERY snug fits.

So, we will continue to look into options on our end, but the fact the tolerances are varying this much to prevent compatibility with all Cine's blindsided us.

Stay tuned, I will post as new relevant info comes up.
    Brent-

One of the reasons I bleed RED is that you guys are amazing at admitting fault and doing whatever it takes to rectify the situation.

I appreciate you guys showing transparency over and over again and taking care of all of us- al the time.

You have a customer for life.
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Epic-W #6284 | Scarlet-W # 2371 | @dcchavez

I have a pair of Wooden Camera cable-less goldmounts which have been great until the latest Red firmware broke their ability to show voltage. Some people blame Red for this, but itís my understanding that Wooden Camera developed this product without Redís permission, so I believe this falls on Wooden Camera to correct.
    Considering Redís own goldmount solution has tolerance issues, it would seem there is no perfect goldmount solution for DSMC2, yet. Iím sure both parties will correct their products to solve the issue. Actually, has anyone tried the Tilta flavor?
    Personally Iíll probably stick with my Wooden Camera modules, only because I already own them, but itís a bummer they are going to make their customers purchase a $100 chip in order to make them compatible with the new Red firmware. Wouldnít you think they (WC) should absorb this cost and offer the new boards for free? After all, it was their business decision to build this product without being an official Red third-party module? Yes, it may cost them, but in the long run I would imagine thatís a better business decision in order to keep their customers happy.
    Jeff McCoy
    Producer, operator, 1st AC & drone pilot
    Stormtrooper (waiting for Monstro), Weapon Helium CF, Alexa Mini, Leica Summilux-C set, Fujinon zoom, Preston kits, Teradek Bolt 1000 kits, Sony OLED monitors, OíConnor heads, gimbals, drones & more.
    Web: www.industrialdigital.tv
    Instagram: @Industrial_Digital

I reached out to Anton Bauer for comment on their Cine batteries not fitting this module. They claim there are not wide tolerances in the stud spacing and have sent Red the official dimensional drawing. They are working with Red as they believe there is an "urgent need for a resolution".
    Nicholas JS Wise
    DP & Gimbal Op
    cinenick.com

WEAPON HELIUM w/ full production package
    HELIX PRO w/ wireless aks + ReadyRig exo

Universal monitor/rx system for Teradek RT FI+Z
    Gold/V-mount battery plate for Letus35 Helix gimbal

Good news! Red have a new clamshell for this module that, I'm told, will accept with the AB Cine batteries. Anyone currently with one of these modules and would like it fixed should get in touch with Red Support. Thanks, Red, for sorting this out. Here's to getting battery info back up!
    Nicholas JS Wise
    DP & Gimbal Op
    cinenick.com

WEAPON HELIUM w/ full production package
    HELIX PRO w/ wireless aks + ReadyRig exo

Universal monitor/rx system for Teradek RT FI+Z
    Gold/V-mount battery plate for Letus35 Helix gimbal