Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Anton Gold Mount Battery Module Pro

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Wise View Post
    No. There appears to be a very slight difference in clearance between the 3 studs on the Cine series. This isn't an issue when using an AB-brand plate (charger, WC module etc), but I guess Red's tolerances didn't allow for the Cine's. You can get two of the studs engaged but the third won't go.

I see the Cine series all over the place now, so I am surprised they were not included in Red's R&D.

Also, and this may not be an issue for some owners, when I was able to mount an AB battery (Dionic HC) to this module, the battery itself is not centered to the body when you look down on the profile. It juts out on the side of the SSD slot, and by quite a noticeable amount. It is clear to see that care was taken to make the module seamlessly line up with the body, but not the brand of battery that actually invented the gold-mount system. Just seems weird to me.

I will post photos when I can get to the office later.
    Are you serious? You're telling me the new Anton Bauer Cine 90 & 150 GM batteries are not compatible with the new RED DSMC2 AB Module Pro?
    Last edited by Patrick Kendall; 10-05-2017 at 05:18 PM.
    WEAPON CF #1101 "GHOST"
    INSPIRE 2 X5S
    107 LICENSED DRONE PILOT

apparently so. red support are on the case.
    Nicholas JS Wise
    DP & Gimbal Op
    cinenick.com

WEAPON HELIUM w/ full production package
    HELIX PRO w/ wireless aks + ReadyRig exo

Universal monitor/rx system for Teradek RT FI+Z
    Gold/V-mount battery plate for Letus35 Helix gimbal

Got my mount a few days ago, I can confirm that Rolux and Switronix batteries mount securely and show voltage. Also you can see how much amperage your accessories are drawing which is super neat.

I would like to know from someone at Red if there is a breaker or user replaceable fuse in the unit for accessory power. I had to replace this often on the WC back.
    "All art is deception."

My DP reel...
    http://www.evingrantdp.com
    360 Cinematography and camera rigs...
    http://www.360dop.com

apparently so. red support are on the case.
    Anybody know any more about this problem? I am waiting to buy until this is clarified. I have not been able to get through to RED tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Holmes View Post
    Anybody know any more about this problem? I am waiting to buy until this is clarified. I have not been able to get through to RED tech support.
    RED tech support just replied to me and said "We are currently still investigating the situation. I will keep this ticket open and update you when we have more to report."
    So, I won't buy until this is clear. If they actually blew the stud spacing, then a fix will not be done quickly.

yeah same here. I put in a ticket and they said they are looking into it and keep hold of my module until then. I am going to return mine if they can't sort it out. It's just too expensive not to work with all Anton Bauer products.
    WEAPON CF #1101 "GHOST"
    INSPIRE 2 X5S
    107 LICENSED DRONE PILOT

Just heard back from Red support. As they "may not have a solution in the immediate future", they are offering a full refund on my module. Hopefully, it won't take Red too long to fix the issue.
    Nicholas JS Wise
    DP & Gimbal Op
    cinenick.com

WEAPON HELIUM w/ full production package
    HELIX PRO w/ wireless aks + ReadyRig exo

Universal monitor/rx system for Teradek RT FI+Z
    Gold/V-mount battery plate for Letus35 Helix gimbal

I went ahead and bought this at Wooden Camera, since I need something now:
    https://www.woodencamera.com/cablele...n-p/220800.htm
    I will use it with the DSMC2 Base Expander. Together, we have all the connectors we need.

Picked one up. It's lovely. Having voltage is pretty important to me. Global Media Pro fits, a bit tight but fits. Swits go on and off like butter.

10.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #30  
    No. There appears to be a very slight difference in clearance between the 3 studs on the Cine series. This isn't an issue when using an AB-brand plate (charger, WC module etc), but I guess Red's tolerances didn't allow for the Cine's. You can get two of the studs engaged but the third won't go.

I see the Cine series all over the place now, so I am surprised they were not included in Red's R&D.
    Nicholas, you are correct. The stud spacing is slightly different on the Cine compared to other AB batteries. I cannot speak for them as to why, but my guess is since this is big and heavy battery, by tightening the spacing, they were ensuring a more robust locking in. When the connector plate is made of plastic, this allows for some flex in the tolerances to allow slightly varied stud placements to all "fit".

With our connecting plate being aluminum, that flexing goes away, and the varied stud spacing creates this issue.

As has been noted here, there is variance in the tolerances on the actual Cine batteries - some fit, some don't. The ones we have do mount, albeit VERY snug fits.

So, we will continue to look into options on our end, but the fact the tolerances are varying this much to prevent compatibility with all Cine's blindsided us.

Stay tuned, I will post as new relevant info comes up.