Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Anton Gold Mount Battery Module Pro

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 DSMC2 Anton Gold Mount Battery Module Pro 
    Yay finally!

http://www.red.com/store/products/ds...ery-module-pro

DC IN (6-Pin 1B LEMO socket),
    P-Tap Aux Power output (2-Pin), 3.8 A shared
    Aux Power output (2-Pin 0B LEMO), 3.8 A shared

The DSMC2® Gold Mount Battery Module Pro is a low profile cable-free module that enables you to power your DSMC2 BRAIN® and camera accessories using standard Gold Mount batteries. The Gold Mount and protected release button ensure ongoing power even during mobile shoots.

This DSMC2 battery module offers a P-Tap connector on top and an auxiliary port on the side for powering peripherals and accessories. Together the P-Tap and auxiliary connectors support a maximum combined current of 3.8 Amps.

This module also offers a DC IN power port that can be used to power the camera system when the module is attached to the BRAIN. When DC IN power is supplied to the module, and the camera is turned off, this module can also trickle charge a wide variety of attached Gold Mount batteries.

Manufactured from robust aluminum alloy, this DSMC2 battery module offers a blend of utility and power support in a lightweight and space-saving form factor. The DSMC2 Gold Mount Battery Module Pro is an ideal power solution for use with most DSMC2 expanders. Alternatively, connect the DSMC2 Gold Mount Battery Module Pro directly to your DSMC2 BRAIN for a low-profile, battery-only power configuration.

That's going to sell out in like 5 seconds.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

3. #3 Would it pass the % battery remaining info to the camera? 
    Jarred

Would this pass the % battery remaining information to the camera?
    I have CoreSWX Hypercore 150 Gold Mount batteries.

regards
    yogesh

YES!
    Attached Images

Ok Maxx Digital will be stocking some ASAP.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Because of the firmware / third party mount incompatibility, I would really really like to get a Red v-lock instead. Seeing as you still develop new variants of these, is it possible you might be able to do a low mounting version of the V-lock? Similar to the one from WC that enables the top handle and Red Bricks at the same time. I'm not a fan of third party gear and now the only one I have gets me into trouble :( would buy a new Red mount in an instant if it was a low-version.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

What is interesting is I bought the Element Technica Gold mount when it very first came out. It has been so solid and gives battery runtime info even through all the betas where the wooden camera one has had issues. It has a ptap and 2 2-pin lemos. 3 power outputs total and the build quality is amazing. Surprised red didn't just re-brand that one. Anyway, just some thoughts...
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

I just bought the ET mount and it is 4 days out of the return window, so I was feeling sad that I did not wait (the trickle charge is a highly desirable feature...). HOWEVER, Jake has given me renewed excitement. The ET is a nice build, too, conforms to the camera well.

Would've been awesome if it had a small backup battery in it like the Movcam Hot Swap Plate has. Would pick it up in a heartbeat-still thanks for finally getting around to an AB solution for those of us who don't use V-Mounts!!!
    Red Weapon Helium
    And eventually whatever the RED Helium One will be
    GL Optics Leica R
    Nikkor
    PresidentialFilmPhoto.com
    Cinematography, DJI Ronin, Fashion/Glamour Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Wilganowski View Post
    What is interesting is I bought the Element Technica Gold mount when it very first came out. It has been so solid and gives battery runtime info even through all the betas where the wooden camera one has had issues. It has a ptap and 2 2-pin lemos. 3 power outputs total and the build quality is amazing. Surprised red didn't just re-brand that one. Anyway, just some thoughts...

I have this one, it's great. No issues with it. The DC in would be great though so I could use it on my steadicam rig while my base expander is rented out, but it's not enough of an incentive to sell and buy a new one. Cool module