Thread: ABT SpeedMount EF – a Speedbooster Built Into Your RED Camera

Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Just saying a speedbooster does nothing but turning your lens into a wider faster lens with smaller image circle.
    I think the only real argument by cinematographers has been that the lenses are not designed to have speedboosters put on them and by showing too much of the image circle you see the softness of the edges and add CA... etc

it's just a cheat... like lots of stuff you do in film... sometimes you can get away with cheating, sometimes you can't

anamorphic is basically a cheat, you have 4-perf film and you wanted widescreen, you could just crop the film, or use optics to squeeze the image onto a 4/3 film plane
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

Hi David Happy New Year. Thanks for this awesome product offering. now what is the deal with OPLF? are you rehousing original filters that buyer provide or we have to buy OPLF with the mount?
    Epic-W Helium 8k #6819

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Greene View Post
    Certainly one of the best videos I've seen in recent memory. Informative, hilarious, beautiful, just so well done. Thanks, Gabriel!
    I thought the same thing when I first saw the video too. Good entertaining and informative work.
    Forged CF Helium 8K 00107
    Storm Trooper Komodo 0149
    Scarlet X 02249 (The Gateway Drug)
    RED Pro Zooms
    Zeiss Otus
    Xeen CF
    Director/DP at https://www.butcherbox.com

Living life by the ocean.

Freiburg, Germany & Prague, Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Luka Sanader View Post
    Hi David Happy New Year. Thanks for this awesome product offering. now what is the deal with OPLF? are you rehousing original filters that buyer provide or we have to buy OPLF with the mount?
    Hi Luka, thank you, and I also wish you a Happy New Year :) We are rehousing the original RED VV OLPFs. When you order a SpeedMount, you can choose which OLPF you want (one OLPF is included, only the H2O costs a little more). We could of course also provide you with an empty holder if you already have RED VV OLPFs.

We just went online with our new store, which hope fully explains slightly better how the SpeedMount works and what's included in the package.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot Yount View Post
    I thought the same thing when I first saw the video too. Good entertaining and informative work.
    We couldn't be happier with the review video. @Gabriel: thank you again!
    Glaswerk ONE & ONE+ 2x VV anamorphic lenses

www.glaswerk-optics.de