Thread: GROUP BUY - DJI Ronin R2

Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast
    From my case, ordered the 26 october and have everything on dhl office waiting for me today. R2 + 2 inspire battery. I living in France.

About my problem with the no vat my r2 invoice, i am alone with that ?

Thanks guys for your explanations, now I see why you have the concerns you do. I was under the impression that maybe you were farther down the list and just wanted to let you know that things seemed to be moving just batt's first.

I would be a little bummed also if I was number 4 or in that first 10 or so, and still was with out my unit seeing that others are out there.
    The thing with the traffic jam on Soren's PM's and getting codes out was overwhelming to the system in place to say the least.
    I did the same as everyone else and as soon as I got my code I paid...
    So I almost hate telling you this but my R2 arrived today but that is purely due to luck of the PM craziness that occurred. There wasn't any intent or fault by those guys to get codes out. The electronic system failed on that part.
    No one is really to blame here. Chris has or is running a great GB and Soren did as best he could considering the 80 plus codes and probably twice that many questions in PM form users that flooded his PM box that he had to deal with.
    You have a right to be upset. I know its not much of a consolation but I am sure things will get sorted it will just take some time.

Big hug for you guys I hope yours arrive soon.

Look John I’m wondering when you received your code? I’m thinking there is no way Soren would have given me my code with out you receiving yours first being number 4?
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

I just got the same generic answer saying "out of stock" -- despite being in the first lucky round of PM's, and paying RIGHT AWAY... 11 days ago now.

Last week, I was told by DJI that my order would ship "no later than Tuesday" (today), and today am being told "out of stock" with no guarantees of when it will actually ship.

DJI's commitment was to give us priority over other orders, and that shipping would be "quickly" after the GB closes. I find it hard to believe that they only manufactured 50 R2s in the first batch (guessing, since several of only 80 people here are now S.O.L.). Yet somehow, other R2s are out in the wild.

I'm sure these comments will elicit several "shut up and politely accept your discount" responses. I don't think it's unreasonable to hold a company and sales team accountable to their commitments, 15% discount or not. This frustration is contextualized by a history of GB's with broken promises and blown timelines.

I really hope that Soren / DJI can step in and un-jam this for us.

I have no ill will towards Chris, and thank him for putting together the group buy. My issue is with DJI stating they would give us priority. Priority shipment along with the discount drove my decision to participate in the group buy. What adds fuel to my fury is that I have no update from DJI, none whatsoever, zilch. When I log into the DJI store all it says is that the payment was confirmed on the 20th. NO shipping info, the pending message even went away.

I have participated in group buys where shipping dates had slipped, and received timely updates along the way. In certain instances, I unexpectedly received further discounts or stuff to compensate for the delay. It was not asked for nor expected, but much appreciated.

I received the codes late on the 18th, payed the morning of the 19th when I first saw the email, my visa was charged right away. The two batteries were delivered on the 24th. I held tight as the discussions on the board said the units should ship the week I received the batteries. Now I see all these postings of people receiving their units, Cinimilled posted they had one in stock to sell. Today I find out from this board that the gimbals are sold out with no ETA ... seriously, WTF!
    Epic-W #1081 "sasha"

how much was the group buy price for ronin 2?

DJI is expecting more units in the USA tomorrow and in other countries by the end of the week. I totally understand the frustration...but the units will get sent out soon.
    Last edited by Chris McKechnie; 10-31-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

So did the inspire kits gets get removed from the GB? Can we get some definitive info on them?
    Rentals + Production
    Arri + RED + Canon + Sony
    Kowa + Angenieux + Atlas + Cooke + Zeiss
    CAMERAJACK.TV

Had a Weapon 6K on a Ronin 2 on a Black Arm yesterday and it mostly played very nicely.

Only issue I had was at one point both Ronin batteries were on 2 bars and suddenly it wouldn't power the Weapon properly anymore and we lost a clip on the card. Not sure if it was just a quirk or not.

Overall it looks and feels very well made and the controller is excellent. I think we did about 60mph forward facing and over 100mph rear facing.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

Reel

Website
    Instagram

The day before mine shipped they said it was out of stock. Then the next day it shipped. My friend on the GB told him yeasterday was out of stock, this morning he texted me saying it’s ready to ship. So there’s a good chance they about to ship some other who were told it’s out of stock. It’s good to check with them everyday, that’s what I did cause I needed to have a back up gimbal in case it wasn’t gonna ship for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Scott View Post
    Had a Weapon 6K on a Ronin 2 on a Black Arm yesterday and it mostly played very nicely.

Only issue I had was at one point both Ronin batteries were on 2 bars and suddenly it wouldn't power the Weapon properly anymore and we lost a clip on the card. Not sure if it was just a quirk or not.
    Ok
    Overall it looks and feels very well made and the controller is excellent. I think we did about 60mph forward facing and over 100mph rear facing.
    I been running the redvolt v-lock to add some weight in the back and provide back up just in case the Ronin failed. Had too many times the pro died mid shot while powering the red/Alexa. Did you have other power going it the red? Or was it just the Ronin? I know with the Movi Pro running accessories from the camera body can cause issues instead of from the gimbal.
    Dp Reel
    http://www.joncarrdp.com
    Camera & Lighting Rentals in NYC
    http://www.visualcinema.com/rentals/cameras/
    Instagram
    http://instagram.com/joncarrdp
    Carbon Fiber WEAPON Helium #651 "MISTRESS"
    KOMODO Storm Trooper #349 “the dude who hit his head walking”
    DJI Ronin 2 “R2D2”
    Atlas Orion Anamorphic set A
    Schneider Xenon FF primes PL
    U.S. Army