Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 RELEASE CANDIDATE BUILD V7.0.0RC4

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TD Wood View Post
    maybe it's just me, but all this sounds very confusing and far from reassuring.
    I don't understand the confusion around this.

RED is going to move forward like they always have. It's not their job to wait on third-party companies to get on board with new software protocols. That'd be a huge undertaking and delay development quite a bit. Where do you draw the line? How many third party companies are out there?
    a.k.a. Lochness Digital

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    I understand you can't comment openly on business-related things like this. I just hope that you bring up the Cable-Less V-lock issues reported by some here, so that WC could collaborate with you on that one.
    For me personally it's the only thing I have that's not Red, only because it's a lower mounted V-lock to enable use with my Red Bricks, so I unfortunetely don't have a choice to use Reds own V-lock to make the rest of my gear setup work properly.
    Meaning things like this stops me from getting firmware updates. Since the WC V-Lock is the only one that enables Red Bricks on DMSC2 together with the DMSC2 top handle it's in my opinion kind of a priority for third party gear support, since it's the only one of it's kind.
    Guys, read between the lines of my posts. Don't assume we are not working with them already on this very concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    I understand you can't comment openly on business-related things like this. I just hope that you bring up the Cable-Less V-lock issues reported by some here, so that WC could collaborate with you on that one.
    For me personally it's the only thing I have that's not Red, only because it's a lower mounted V-lock to enable use with my Red Bricks, so I unfortunetely don't have a choice to use Reds own V-lock to make the rest of my gear setup work properly.
    Meaning things like this stops me from getting firmware updates. Since the WC V-Lock is the only one that enables Red Bricks on DMSC2 together with the DMSC2 top handle it's in my opinion kind of a priority for third party gear support, since it's the only one of it's kind.
    Just FYI - CORE has a bad ass, new low profile V-Mount to "low-mode" V-Mount adapter. Shipping in 5/6 weeks - $200 ish bucks. There's a pic on my FB.
    Last edited by Mark L. Pederson; 09-16-2017 at 11:21 AM.
    Mark L. Pederson | Director of Technology | OFFHOLLYWOOD
    Blog - MegaPixels.io
    http://twitter.com/offhollywood

That looks pretty slick Mark.
    Your friendly Neighborhood REDuser
    Scarlet-W# 77
    http://spencerweaver.com/

Sigma 35 1.4 still freezes the camera up while my Canon cn-e lenses works perfectly. I guess its the focusing motor in the Sigma that messes things up. Its been like that the past 3 releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Nurmilehto View Post
    Sigma 35 1.4 still freezes the camera up while my Canon cn-e lenses works perfectly. I guess its the focusing motor in the Sigma that messes things up. Its been like that the past 3 releases.
    That lens can be firmware upgraded (if you happen to own the Sigma USB Dock). Check on Sigma website for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Guys, read between the lines of my posts. Don't assume we are not working with them already on this very concern.
    Thanks Brent.

Senior Member Anthony Berenato Jr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Much appreciation all around. I do hope they can find a way to update the chip firmware without having to send all our units in. I'd even pay for a proprietary USB dongle if they offered one with a software patch.

Most of us are excited for IPP2, so the stack of possibly staying on old firmware until things are updated, the worry of losing access to a products usefulness if nothing is resolved, and the addition of possibly having to buy something new has felt a little scary - especially without any communication over the last few months.

Hope a resolution comes around eventually. :)
    Anthony Berenato Jr.
    Director / Cinematography Enthusiast
    Web: http://www.anthonyandcamera.com
    Reel: http://vimeo.com/89725163

Weapon Helium 8K #4844

Senior Member Brent G Miller Jr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johan Nurmilehto View Post
    Do you mean the Cine EF version or the SLR version. The Sigma Cine PL versions will run fine since they don't communicate any lens data like the EF versions.
    Brent Miller Jr.
    Executive Director, Ingenuity Films LLC
    www.IngenuityFilms.com

#1 Documentary in America and winner of 6 Hollywood film awards. www.TheComingConvergence.com
    Based on Amazon and retail sales figures, June 2017

Senior Member Brent G Miller Jr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonChristensen View Post
    Is this the one with the 4K Pro Res on SW?
    I was going to ask this too. I've been chomping on the bit waiting for that official 4K prores.
    Brent Miller Jr.
    Executive Director, Ingenuity Films LLC
    www.IngenuityFilms.com

#1 Documentary in America and winner of 6 Hollywood film awards. www.TheComingConvergence.com
    Based on Amazon and retail sales figures, June 2017