Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 RELEASE CANDIDATE BUILD V7.0.0RC4

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Is there any ETA on the Red AB Gold plate? Because that's what we really want...

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Mestizo, this has nothing to do with WC on our end. RED updated communication protocols, period. If those changes were not accounted for by ANY third-party manufacturer, then the data would not be assimilated.

Kenneth, Jarred comments on future product, not me. But I can say this is not far in the future at all.

Is this the one with the 4K Pro Res on SW?
    BC
    Director/Editor
    www.brandon-christensen.com
    Scarlet-W - 000071

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Mestizo, I already answered that: "that product is not an approved RED Third Party Product so we would not be able to support prior-version RED command protocols."

Jason J, in my original post is a link to the Approved Products page. I suggest you use that to reference what product is RED approved versus products design to be compatible with RED, yet not certified by RED.
    Thanks!
    Jason Johnson
    Local 600 DIT
    CF Weapon #888
    www.boxofjason.com

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Mestizo, this has nothing to do with WC on our end. RED updated communication protocols, period. If those changes were not accounted for by ANY third-party manufacturer, then the data would not be assimilated.

Kenneth, Jarred comments on future product, not me. But I can say this is not far in the future at all.
    Just to confirm, us who have the WC Cable-Less V-Lock (BlueShape) will loose the ability to see battery percentage if we update to firmware 7.0.0? And WC need to feed you the necessary updates for their mount in order for it to be included in upcoming firmware? Is this something we can tell WC to do in order to speed things up on their end?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Just to confirm, us who have the WC Cable-Less V-Lock (BlueShape) will loose the ability to see battery percentage if we update to firmware 7.0.0? And WC need to feed you the necessary updates for their mount in order for it to be included in upcoming firmware? Is this something we can tell WC to do in order to speed things up on their end?
    As RED, I cannot speak to what third party modules will or won't work with our system. That is a "them" question, not a "RED" question. However, if they have been put through the Third Party Program process with RED and are approved, they will be supported as long as the third-party stays compliant.

However, from comments here, that seems to be the case with this product (Ie, updates needed to be compatible).

If above is true, then yes.

No, as I have said, RED and WC are already in communication, in general.

Does this fix the proxy overrun buffer error

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Riggieri View Post
    Does this fix the proxy overrun buffer error
    All fixes are always listed within the release notes of the firmware built.

As RED, I cannot speak to what third party modules will or won't work with our system. That is a "them" question, not a "RED" question. However, if they have been put through the Third Party Program process with RED and are approved, they will be supported as long as the third-party stays compliant.

However, from comments here, that seems to be the case with this product (Ie, updates needed to be compatible).

maybe it's just me, but all this sounds very confusing and far from reassuring.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar

I understand you can't comment openly on business-related things like this. I just hope that you bring up the Cable-Less V-lock issues reported by some here, so that WC could collaborate with you on that one.
    For me personally it's the only thing I have that's not Red, only because it's a lower mounted V-lock to enable use with my Red Bricks, so I unfortunetely don't have a choice to use Reds own V-lock to make the rest of my gear setup work properly.
    Meaning things like this stops me from getting firmware updates. Since the WC V-Lock is the only one that enables Red Bricks on DMSC2 together with the DMSC2 top handle it's in my opinion kind of a priority for third party gear support, since it's the only one of it's kind.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test