Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 RELEASE CANDIDATE BUILD V7.0.0RC4

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Audy Erel View Post
    With Scarlet-W we can monitor with a custom-made IPP2 17x17x17 3D LUT output transform in camera while shooting with RWG/Log3G10, but we can't do that for playback.. I hope the release build will at least enable the 3D LUT for playback so I don't have to explain again and again to my clients about why they look like that in RWG/Log3G10.
    Yes, we could change the monitoring to another RED/Dragoncolor & REDgamma to give some color and contrast for playback previewing, but it's not practical and the custom IPP2 3D LUT is looking wayy better.
    You don't want that. 17x17x17 is extremely low resolution and it's only recommended for viewing, not as a burn in on the files. I'd recommend not using that.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    You don't want that. 17x17x17 is extremely low resolution and it's only recommended for viewing, not as a burn in on the files. I'd recommend not using that.
    We just want playback with LUT, not suggesting it should be burnt in.

PLZZZZ

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edward vijayavargiya View Post
    We just want playback with LUT, not suggesting it should be burnt in.

PLZZZZ
    We can't burn in any 3D LUT into the files with Scarlet-W cameras, let alone supporting a 33x33x33.. (it only supports a 17x17x17 for live viewing, but not for playback)..
    Please enable the 3D LUT for playback monitoring for us Scarlet-W lovers!

PLZZZZ
    SCARLET-W #004760

I have an HDRx question wrt the release candidates. I'm used to seeing a limit on how long the shutter speed can be: if you are shooting 24fps and you want to shoot -2 stops, you can allocate at most 1/5th of the time to the X frame and 4/5ths of the time to the A frame, or 1/30th of a second to the A frame and 1/120th of a second to the X frame. But when I went to use HDRx this morning (8KFF Helium S35), I was surprised to see an upper limit (1/72nd) on my shutter speed selections. I would expect that I could do 1/1000th and 1/4000th, leaving the shutter closed most of the rest of the 998.75/1000ths of a second. Is this a new constraint?
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"