Thread: Is my Red One upgraded?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Is my Red One upgraded? 
    I just bought a Red One MX, but noticed later that the bottom of the camera only said "Red One" where the serial number is. I have seen others that say "Red One MX" on others. It shows the Mysterium logo with a big X upon startup and has Mysterium X on the side module under Red. Are there any ways to verify for certain which sensor this is other the startup screen?

If you don't find it in the System Info menu, you may be able to see in the meta data using Redcine.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Found it in the meta data. Thanks man! Much appreciated!

Also, not sure, but isn't it so that on the RED One, the "M" can only go to 4K and the MX can do 4.5K?
    Daniel Stilling, DFF (Danish Society of Cinematographers)
    Director Of Photography
    www.danieldp.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Stilling View Post
    Also, not sure, but isn't it so that on the RED One, the "M" can only go to 4K and the MX can do 4.5K?
    I think you could do 4.5K on the M sensor as well in widescreen mode.

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

Banned
    the M and MX are identical in terms of resolutions available and framerates . the mx has slightly better low light (according to some) .. personally I found myself lighting them both identically , and the difference to be practically insignificant . the final firmware updates for the red one (build 21 and up) radically improved the low light on the M .. some people may have missed this as they upgraded to MX immediately (I didn't .. I just waited for the epic mx upgrade .. which got me the same sensor with less hops )

REDuser Sponsor
    M is frickin cool. Did some nice shooting with that sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by konrad grant View Post
    the M and MX are identical in terms of resolutions available and framerates . the mx has slightly better low light (according to some) .. personally I found myself lighting them both identically , and the difference to be practically insignificant . the final firmware updates for the red one (build 21 and up) radically improved the low light on the M .. some people may have missed this as they upgraded to MX immediately (I didn't .. I just waited for the epic mx upgrade .. which got me the same sensor with less hops )

Hmmmm............. fascinating, what practical differences then are there really between MX and M with the latest firmware updates?
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)