Thread: Ideal temperature ? 35C? 40C? 42C?

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by RaphaŽl_FR View Post
    Thank you Patrick, I just made a test strangely, I have to set the fans to 46 so that the sensor is a 42.... And when it arrives at 42 and I put the fans at 42 it goes down to 39..
    It depends on the temperature of your location also. In my case (Scarlet MX, Eastern Europe autumn) those figures usually don't match. My sensor usually runs about 38-42 degrees indoors, while my brain set to 55 degrees. Outdoors it may be even lower - about 34 degrees, while the brain still runs 55.

So it seems that most people like between 42-44C. How long does it normally take to get your camera warmed up? Do you cover your fan so that you reach target temp faster? any tricks of the trade out there?

Hi, I think that if you close the fans so that the temperature rises faster you risk creating condensation somewhere. I imagine that RED has created a kind of mild temperature rise to avoid this condensation effect... I would like to know more about the sensor's cooling / heating system, if it works with a Peltier effect module like on the BMC cameras. By pure desire to understand the things that surround me haha

for me it's near impossible to keep it at 42c...
    if it's not 25c plus, it's so difficult.
    do you guys use heat pads or something to keep it warm?

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Sloth View Post
    for me it's near impossible to keep it at 42c...
    if it's not 25c plus, it's so difficult.
    do you guys use heat pads or something to keep it warm?
    I live in Arizona. :)

What I've learned over the last few months is that it all depends on where you're going to shoot. The highest setting you can go to on the target temp is 48 degrees. If you set your auto black shade at 44, then you'll have 4 degrees up and 4 degrees down. It will help your camera maintain a higher temp when the ambient temp is so high out there.
    Same goes for shooting in the cold. If you're shooting where its' cold, your camera should be black shaded at 4 degrees up from the lowest target temp. having multiple auto black shades will cover you for almost every temp you might encounter.
    www.jaysilverdp.com

www.villageblackout.com

"Don't be afraid of the dark."