Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: TIME AND DATE ISSUE...really?

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I have a WeaponMG. Same issue with Date and Time.

Shipping my camera to RED UK would cost me 300 Euros. I would be also without a camera for a week or two.
    Norbert Niederacher
    Weapon MG, The Clutch, ActionCam, Schneider Xenon

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    I've had this with my camera and I sent it in to get the battery replaced. They replaced the entire board. The issue is now back. Waiting a few days and the battery resets.

I've not got an answer from my bomb rep yet about this ongoing issue, I've had two other threads about this issue, but there's no answer about it and Red never seem to give any good answers.

I've come to the conclusion that Red doesn't care about this issue, it's what it is. Every camera out there is probably affected by it and they won't be able to handle everyone sending in their cameras to get these things fixed.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

I've seen the same problem with several cameras from RED: EPIC DRAGON, SCARLET DRAGON, WPN-W, and 2x WPN-M. I have only recently received my upgraded 3x WPN-W S35 cameras. Time will tell whether I see the same problem or not. I do have upgrade armor for all of them, but I hate sending cameras across the country for such trivial problems.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TD Wood View Post
    Damn. Thanks to this thread, I just realized I am also having the same issue. I turned my camera on yesterday after almost a month of inactivity and... voilà!

I am still under warranty, but would definitely like to hear an official statement from RED confirming how bad this issue is. Right now, I cannot afford to send my camera back.
    Doesn't matter, I sent mine in under warranty, they "fixed it" and the issue is still there. The only thing it might do is putting you through the hassle of sending the camera in, waiting for it and getting it home.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

I'm fairly surprised by this thread. I have heard about this sporadically but not to this degree.

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

+1 With date and time resetting.

Wow ... Im shocked!

Having the same issue on my Epic-X as well!

The guys at Red Uk said that the internal battery is rechargeable so...let's try to solve the mistery:
    1. We need to power on the camera often for abiut 20 minutes to let the battery charge?
    2. You guys check if this is something that happen because you had the camera off for few days or weeks?
    3. In the past I had this after each firmware update
    Let's try to solve this issue as is VERY WEIRD that all these people that sent the camera back to change the board or the battery they have now the issue again...they key is to understand after how long the battery goes down having the camera off..

Thank You! this it is!