Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: TIME AND DATE ISSUE...really?

Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    To avoid this issue, I keep on using (or just turning on) my camera for an hour a day. So the internal battery will always be full at the end of each month.. Just like to maintain a vintage car's battery, we should warm up the engine every morning to recirculate the oil shouldn't we? :)
    SCARLET-W #004760

Same issue ... Brand new Scarlet W - can't hold date/time .... CMOS battery are dead or have defect
    I hope that the Universe has an end

Will see what happens when upgrading to VV. I put a not on my helium when sending it in stating "Date time timicode battery problem".

I guess its an error on DSMC2 that makes the tc battery leak power and then die from it if left without power up for long periods. I guess as new cameras still comes out with the problem its not so easily fixed. But maybe the VV boards or upgrade can straighten it out.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame - 3D - Milo MoCo

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    Will see what happens when upgrading to VV. I put a not on my helium when sending it in stating "Date time timicode battery problem".

I guess its an error on DSMC2 that makes the tc battery leak power and then die from it if left without power up for long periods. I guess as new cameras still comes out with the problem its not so easily fixed. But maybe the VV boards or upgrade can straighten it out.
    It's not just DSMC2; if anything DSMC2 is the only platform that has a potential solution (of leaving your camera on for ~30hours)... DSMC1 and R1 (apparently) still need to have their battery swapped by RED at the users expense...

Mine is resetted again...after one week of not using it...Red Epic W. Well now I don’t care anymore as I can get stressed about it. Before each work now I will remember to set the date and time. At the end we only need this for a numeric reason on the files as I don’t think this will impact the camera functionality....

I agree it's mostly just an inconvenience Luca (not saying it isn't an issue altogether). People have to be careful though if they're running their camera with the internal battery depleted, as (based on what I've read elsewhere) complications can arise if the camera or media happens to malfunction and the internal battery fails to power the proper camera shutdown procedure.

Well I had a problem to mount my SSD today, but this it happened also in the past (after the new firmware update) before the internal battery issue. I heard some other people had this problem, so I removed it, wait some minutes and then it was ok. But, come on, when this things happen on set it freak me out!