Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Build 16v3.2.1 sync w/DIVA & 16G CF!

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42
  1. #21  
    Senior Member James Brundige's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snowmass, Colorado
    Posts
    855
    Thanks for these great workflow suggestions.

    Now let's hear about a mixer/camera interface that will work without an extra $20K of equipment. What is the best protocol for using a common mixer to feed the red? Are the Red padded cables sufficient, or do they compromise signal to noise ratios?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by twlim View Post
    Mark L Pederson, I am not an audio person so is a little confused here. You explained earlier that unless if there a need to do video sync say a 3D, there is really not need to use the tri-cycle. Your connection will be to feed the TC from the Diva to the Denecke SB-3 - where?, which is connected to the Genlock using the BNC out instead of TC in on the camera using the lemo version? and then jammed them together? and then disconnect the TC - from where - connection from the Diva to the Denecke?

    Appreciate if you can elaborate more on this - Lim
    Mark?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by twlim View Post
    Mark?
    You can get the deneke with a lemo 5 pin option. The unit we had did not have lemo. It had BNC for TC in, BNC for TC out, and BNC to TRI-level out.

    We had a lemo 5 pin to BNC made for TC out of the camera to TC in of the Deneke.
    Mark L. Pederson | Cinema Products | TERADEK
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhollywood View Post
    You can get the deneke with a lemo 5 pin option. The unit we had did not have lemo. It had BNC for TC in, BNC for TC out, and BNC to TRI-level out.

    We had a lemo 5 pin to BNC made for TC out of the camera to TC in of the Deneke.
    Thanks Mark. Still confuse - are you using the Camera TC out ie Camera as the Master clock - ie B16 3.2.1 TC out feature? Why connects through the Denecke and then to the Zaxcom TC in? and then you mentioned disconnect - which ? Denecke to Zaxcom. Can't you just connect the Camera TC to Zaxcom to sync? Lim
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by twlim View Post
    Thanks Mark. Still confuse - are you using the Camera TC out ie Camera as the Master clock - ie B16 3.2.1 TC out feature? Why connects through the Denecke and then to the Zaxcom TC in? and then you mentioned disconnect - which ? Denecke to Zaxcom. Can't you just connect the Camera TC to Zaxcom to sync? Lim
    TC FROM the Zaxcom to the Deneke - disconnect - Deneke to RED - but now, yes, with the new build you can go the other way ... if you are so inclined.
    Mark L. Pederson | Cinema Products | TERADEK
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    652
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhollywood View Post
    TC FROM the Zaxcom to the Deneke - disconnect - Deneke to RED - but now, yes, with the new build you can go the other way ... if you are so inclined.
    Mark, thanks for the clarification - Lim
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Member farroutpro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by First Light Films View Post
    Thanks for these great workflow suggestions.

    Now let's hear about a mixer/camera interface that will work without an extra $20K of equipment. What is the best protocol for using a common mixer to feed the red? Are the Red padded cables sufficient, or do they compromise signal to noise ratios?
    Please read this test conducted by Sound Devices
    http://www.sounddevices.com/notes/cameras/red-one/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1
    What frame rate (RED, DEVA & Syncboxes) did you use for your test ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audio SMC View Post
    What frame rate (RED, DEVA & Syncboxes) did you use for your test ?
    everything we did was 23.98 fps for a specific project - we didn't have time to do 25, etc.
    Mark L. Pederson | Cinema Products | TERADEK
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by twlim View Post
    Glenn, i was trying to get a quote to buy one Diva quite urgently for a shoot. My usual A/V contact in CA could not get his local distributor to respond. Who should we contact to get one to Singapore. Lim
    Hi... you can get a Deva from team 108 now come in 3 version deva fusion, deva 5.8, and deva 16... take 30 days for delivery...

    James

    Location Sound Recordist
    Singapore
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts