Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Release Candidate v7.0.0rc3

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Evin Grant View Post
    On which build? I just had Wooden replace my board but still no info, they say it needs to be enabled in firmware.
    Also curious about this. I still don't get battery info with the WC plate.

on the latest build, unable to change the compression ratio using the SDI output. I'm using a smallHD 702 but in order to change the compression ratio I need to switch back to the Sidekick using mode button in order to change the compression on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Moritz View Post
    on the latest build, unable to change the compression ratio using the SDI output. I'm using a smallHD 702 but in order to change the compression ratio I need to switch back to the Sidekick using mode button in order to change the compression on there.
    You cannot control the camera through the SDI Output. You need either one of RED's LCD/EVF displays or an interface controller such as the the Sidekick, Sidehandle, or wirelessly via FoolControl.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    You cannot control the camera through the SDI Output. You need either one of RED's LCD/EVF displays or an interface controller such as the the Sidekick, Sidehandle, or wirelessly via FoolControl.

Not about controlling it through the SDI output. Still working the functions through the sidekick but with the menus displayed on the smallhd monitor. In other words, hitting the mode button on the sidekick allows you to see all menu controls on the smallhd. Then you still have to use the sidekick to control the functions but you see everything you're doing on the monitor itself. It's been working that way without a problem up to the latest firmware. Now, I can still do all those same controls, except for the compression ratio. That one feature you have to switch back and actually view it on the sidekick to change which is a pain when you have the EW on a Movi in the ring on a ReadyRig

Fool Control works wonders when I have my EW on the Ready Rig. I'd use that solution while you wait for the firmware to be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A. Moritz View Post
    Not about controlling it through the SDI output. Still working the functions through the sidekick but with the menus displayed on the smallhd monitor. In other words, hitting the mode button on the sidekick allows you to see all menu controls on the smallhd. Then you still have to use the sidekick to control the functions but you see everything you're doing on the monitor itself. It's been working that way without a problem up to the latest firmware. Now, I can still do all those same controls, except for the compression ratio. That one feature you have to switch back and actually view it on the sidekick to change which is a pain when you have the EW on a Movi in the ring on a ReadyRig