Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED Hydrogen One - Hands On

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    Well this at least is good to know. One could at least draw that Ti would be much better than Al for overall durability and stress from module attachments though, no?
    If you plan on stopping crime with it :) Minimal stress from attachments from what I can see.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Final performance specs of aluminum and titanium are not set...

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post

Jim
    Corrected. And man you should have seen me explaining how the holographic content looked last night. Pretty sure they thought I was on something.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

This is getting intense... Can't wait for this to unravel some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Fitzgerald View Post
    Phil, first off, thanks for always bringing as much clarity to us all as you can. I really have always appreciated your effort to share every little thing as if you wanted to know it yourself. Much appreciated.

I'm dying to order one of these, having trouble getting the money together to upgrade my Epic Dragon currently... so need to resolve that asap. Any input on how long we can put in an order for?

My biggest question... Did I read that this would also interface with the DSMC 1 line? Or did I mistake the original document where it says "...it will also integrate into the profession RED camera program, working together with Scarlet, EPIC and Weapon as a user interface and monitor." does this NOT mean DSMC 1 also?

Also, I have dreamt of having a pocket camera that could do decent 4k motion in raw (especially at 48fps)... that sounds like it could be a spec from reading the patient pdf. Is this confirmed? If so, is it something that will be possible without the additional module? Like pull my camera, get a quick clip "in the moment." Sometimes nothing can replace those moments and to capture them instantly with quality would be a dream come true.

Lastly, will the camera module accept existing standardized lens mounts like canon, PL and Leica or will we need to purchase red specific glass... or will it just have its own lens?

Thanks for your informational post once again. Always always very appreciated.
    -Ryan
    +1 at last a man of intelligence, Ryan.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post

Jim

I hold an aluminum body preorder, but I am concerned about possible functional differences with the titanium body. Jim, will preorder customers have an opportunity to upgrade if it turns out that there are functional differences?

Senior Member Anthony Berenato Jr's Avatar
    I'm really not a mean guy, but for someone who seemingly attached a quote about humbleness in their profile - it's shame that such childish behavior and a knack for cynical skepticism can consistently ruin my time and interest in looking through the constructive conversations that myself and other REDUsers are having.

I can't seem to look at any thread without a little bit of Wayne's ego emitting some sort of negativity and I really just want to enjoy the forum. It's beginning to become a little more excessive than "it's the internet, deal with it" or whatever argument he always seems to pull up.

Can we get politely get back to things?

EDIT: Looks like Wayne deleted his nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post
    At this year’s SIGGRAPH show a Korean company was demonstrating a large NEXXUS phone which had a holographic display. The phone actually had a decent holographic display and in the center of the screen there was a fairly a large 3D model of an Egyptian Pharaoh Queen Nefertiti. One of their engineers explained that you could feel the roughness of the 3D model head if you were to run your finger over the screen. (Hhhmmmmm)

Believe me, I tried hard to agree with the man. I wanted to feel the Nefertiti! I did that and didn't feel a damn thing. No hard surface, no bumps, no titties or anything. However there were a bunch of people who had done what the guy told them to do and were swearing that they felt the roughness of the statue that it and felt like a real object. Don't know what the hell they drank or smoked prior to attending the show.

Did any of you guys see that thing?
    I proposed such a thing in 1993 I think, real deformable screen. They might be using.small electrical.curremts to simulate textures. If you have nerve damage, old age, gloves, protectant on, it can stop you from feeling it. Nerve points decreas in amount as we get older.. Elecution also decreases nerve sensitivity.

Do you have a link Neil?
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

9.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lipetz View Post
    I hold an aluminum body preorder, but I am concerned about possible functional differences with the titanium body. Jim, will preorder customers have an opportunity to upgrade if it turns out that there are functional differences?
    If you want to move from Al to Ti, we can cancel your Al pre-order, and then you can place a pre-order for Ti - and we can keep your original timestamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    If you want to move from Al to Ti, we can cancel your Al pre-order, and then you can place a pre-order for Ti - and we can keep your original timestamp.
    Now we're talking...

Think this phone is gonna get a little disruptive? HAHAHAHA