Thread: Wireless DMX control appropriate for our industry

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Wireless DMX control appropriate for our industry 
    Hi tek savy lighting guys

We have a little studo and a growing number of DMX fixtures.. We would like to embrace the technological opertunities in DMX and multi coloured LED sources.

Now over the years I have used, when appropriate, a traditional desk op who have brought their expertise to the shoots that needed interesting lighting changes .. I would never want suggest not using a desk op when the job clearly needs one BUT I want to look at the easiest way to remotely control a very small number of lights like Skypanels etc... for small jobs.

Now we do have a control setup using a laptop and smal control surface we bought for a job a few years back but it is too complicated http://jands.com/vista/user-interface/ It is also way too focused on live show production needs and not small film sets...

I am looking at https://synthe-fx.com/products/luminair

still seems a little too Show oriented but I like that I dump the laptop and it does seem simpler..

What are others doing?

thanks

Michael
    Michael Lindsay

my studio Instagram

Luminair is absolutely used in film, I can think of two A-list gaffers who would have to have it wrenched from their cold dead hands !
    www.slr.ie Epic Dragon

I would generally recommend luminair since it's industry standard it seems. I am a little surprised about some of it's limitations though. I've been somewhat impressed by the $3 Android art net controller app for a few reasons even though it's not as pretty.
    Noah Yuan-Vogel | noahyv.com

Thank you both for your thoughts....
    Michael Lindsay

my studio Instagram