Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN...

Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1098
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by william howell View Post
    You know.. I've been giving it alot of thought, and I think I'd be pretty stoked if the hydrogen really has a 3-d camera built in.. Stick this thing on a gimbal and you could have some seriously amazing documentation taken in all sorts of places.

We have humanoid robots, so.. I can't wait to point a hydrogen at one.. :)
    It will probably have some sort of depth measurements. Right now it just shows one camera, I wonder how it would have been is there was two cameras on each end of the phone, or all four corners for holographic mode. Maybe a module for that.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Links
    Epic Dragon & Canon CN-E street test
    Red Epic - Noise Reduction Test - Stockholm 2014
    Red Epic - Stockholm HDRx Test

I am technically way out of my depth here but being a proud Canadian that won't stop me from saying stuff I don't understand.

I notice that Android 8, Oreo I think its called, seems to have special software for dealing with 3D modeling. In fact when my Sony updated, a new program appeared on the phone that allows 3D scanning of an object with sufficient information that it actually allows you to send the data it collects via a standard camera to an actual 3D printer!

You can also transmit the data to anyone else with the right software to see a 3D modeled image and rotate it around to see as many sides of it as you scanned. It has a special button for faces, heads, random objects and something or other else.

I can't help but wonder if this software is part of the equation of how the Red Hydrogen One will work. In other words, it may not need several cameras, just one that can put togther the data into a 3D image as you move it around in specific ways.

I'm curious whether RED intends for this to be a "professional" device or if it will be considered "consumer". At the price point and as a phone, it should definitely be considered consumer. Here in CA the buyer protections are different for consumer products so the distinction is important.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Tejeda View Post
    I wonder if there will be options for a hot shoe port for use with strobes and high speed sync ?

I'd imagine that this could be something that rivals most Mirrorless platmorms
    No, it would use Bluetooth like every other phone camera and a phone camera is already mirrorless by definition and design, so you should really only be comparing it to a dedicated camera, be it a DSLR, point-and-shoot, or mirrorless camera with interchangeable lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cohen View Post
    You can also transmit the data to anyone else with the right software to see a 3D modeled image and rotate it around to see as many sides of it as you scanned. It has a special button for faces, heads, random objects and something or other else.
    Sounds like dick pics just got a whole lot weirder.

New to the RED forum, but have been following this company ever since they came out with the RED ONE. Love everything they do, and have been following this thread
    ever since I ordered my Hydrogen back in the beginning of September....

I am currently an Iphone user, and have been for awhile. This will be my first Android, and will become my personal phone as well.

I am mildly concerned about moving away from IOS, but at this point, being an amateur photographer and currently using a Canon 7D for the last 6 years, the possibilities this little gem seems to hold
    in such a small form factor and as one piece of equipment, or with attached modules is exciting. Will be one very happy Hydrogen owner if this thing can spit out awesome high res stills....

AND........... if at some point it is made to fire out RAW 4K files as well, even with a module, then that is icing on the cake. A little powerhouse indeed.

Plus, I think the overall design is BAD ASS!

Here's to being surprised to the upside!

Have enjoyed reading everyone's opinions and point of view.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by Med D View Post
    I'm curious whether RED intends for this to be a "professional" device or if it will be considered "consumer". At the price point and as a phone, it should definitely be considered consumer. Here in CA the buyer protections are different for consumer products so the distinction is important.
    Well, actually it is more expensive than most flagships phones out there. 1.600 bucks is 60% more expansive than the iPhone X. That's quite a bit. Also, AFAIK, this is a discounted price for pre-orders, the value when it hits the market might get a bit higher (I might be wrong here, but I remember reading it somewhere).
    And, aside from that, we can expect the modules to be on the 1.500+ values. Of course, the modules would probably make it more of a camera than a phone, but even without them 1600 is quite expensive for a cellphone. All just IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    Sounds like dick pics just got a whole lot weirder.

I had included a joke about that and deleted it but since you mention it... the fact you can 3D scan with it and then send it to a 3D printer means the evidence presented at court now for the usual kinds of charges is going to be a lot funnier.

In this video, there is a bit of text at about 24 seconds in, which says that the RH1 will be released in the first half of 2018, rather than the first quarter. Has there been an official release saying that shipments are delayed and the first batch will not be shipped by first quarter or anything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHMsl75cuNc

That was from a 'The Verge' article from Sept 8th, and I have not seen any other source for "first half 2018". Reading the announcement, it does state the first batch will be early 2018, but that there WILL be delays if you don't get the pre-order. Perhaps that's where the "first half" is coming from? At the same time, Q1 is a "target", and they note that delivery dates can be changed at any time.

It is odd that there haven't been any updates, at all, for all this time, but there are live prototypes out there, being shown! I think I'm looking too deep into it, but Q1 still seems to be the official statement, (even if that statement was made several months ago)