Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN...

Reply to Thread
Page 102 of 104 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1035
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    I agree; for under $300. But I wonder if a more precise and slightly more robust version of stabilizing/motion hardware and software would the ticket for RH1/HYDROGEN + modules?

Totally agree about Disneyland + those capturing the Disney experience.

I have to hand it to Disney 100% they have kept the flame burning for S-3d (stereo 3d cinematic applications/presentations/permanent displays) no matter what, whether S-3d has gone in and out of fashion in various ways over the decades.

Definitely LEIA/HYDROGEN probably will be embedded into a substantial number of exhibits at Disney, I have no doubt and else where.

@Russ F, totally agree, that might be nice... Who has the rights for Holo-Grumpy Cat ? Could be truly epic, immersive and very very grumpy.
    I would agree a larger system like the Freefly M5 or DJI Ronin M3 will be more robust for modules but for a truly mobile experience those gimbals are too big. You could have a RH1, MoviGo (or whatever they call it) Dji Mavic in a daypack and still have room for laptop, harddrive, chargers and so on. No one would have any idea you have that kit on your person.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina Ouillette View Post
    This looks really cool, but I'm wondering: will RED design and sell something similar that we can buy to complement our phone cameras?
    Interesting thought. Since RED has not moved into that segment for its robust camera line I wouldn't anticipate them jumping into the stabilization game for mobile but I've certainly been wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bydlon View Post
    I wouldn't trust a company that can't keep a website online, that's just basic business. For every reliable product / company another twenty are created that cannot compare. Yes the world has 50+ gimbals but Freefly has arguably the best hardware, software and customer experience. That's worth it alone in a hyper fast tech world.

*I'm also not saying Freefly is the only option but I would only maybe consider three companies out of the 50+
    As they say ... "The market will decide".

I know there are a lot of jokes about "Kick-starter" , but these guys Rigiet say they are based in Connecticut and came out of Yale and HIT. So it seems they are US based and they are trying to bring something new and useful on US soil. [Will be interesting to see where they plan to manufacture/first runs].

RE: websites its very challenging to bring something new and useful as a first set of products to be launched that you then advertise in advance; i.e. your competitors can basically "Steal" with their eyes the best of what you have to offer before you even get off the ground. In some cases for a completely new set of products it's better to have virtually zero web presence until you have completely launched. The day before you didn't exist and "Today" appearing out of nowhere is a pretty fully fledged launched set of systems and products that are well tested and supported. Sometimes if you are a "Small fish" you have to lurk in the shadows and small crevices so you don't get instantly chomped (or squashed like a bug... and other badly mixed metaphors concerning giant predators and "snack like" quarry) . So any fledgling company that is doing the kickstarter thing is going to have significant challenges.

So I say live and let live and not necessarily smother everything in the nest before it can gain traction... lol.

But I agree it's important that users and consumers understand the real technical capability and quality of what they are investing in.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________

On a completely separate note I have to admit I'm really looking forward to how HYDROGEN will be punked , cyber punked and "Hacked" (legally) to do all kinds of truly insane yet amazing things... I am hoping the price point vs. capability of HYDROGEN will unleash an insane amount of creativity and things that you would never in a million years think of.

Scarlet-X00750 "Reggie" and Scarlet-X00683 "Larry"

With the release of the Snapdragon 845 coming up in devices in early 2018, I hope we get this in the Hydrogen. It has a new image processing unit that supports 4K HDR, moves from 8-bit to 10-bit color, and expands the color gamut from Rec 709 to Rec 2020. While I'm sure RED had some great image processing up their sleeve for their modules, it would be fantastic to have these new improvements natively implemented in the camera and silicon of the built in camera.

Of course, there are tons of other improvements besides just the image processing pipeline.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/06/...napdragon-845/
    www.kfwright.com
    Epic-W PL and EF
    Teradek Bolt 600 HDMI/SDI (1 TX 2 RX)
    Sony CineAlta PL lens set: 20/25/35/50/85/135

Maby this movi could be a great companion to the hydrogen!
    http://gomovi.com/

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=-giQguOARJ4
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

I would be down wait for the extra production time for this to be implemented into hydrogen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Wright View Post
    With the release of the Snapdragon 845 coming up in devices in early 2018, I hope we get this in the Hydrogen. It has a new image processing unit that supports 4K HDR, moves from 8-bit to 10-bit color, and expands the color gamut from Rec 709 to Rec 2020. While I'm sure RED had some great image processing up their sleeve for their modules, it would be fantastic to have these new improvements natively implemented in the camera and silicon of the built in camera.

Of course, there are tons of other improvements besides just the image processing pipeline.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/06/...napdragon-845/
    Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...10&oe=5ACBC91B

Courtesy of Christopher Bell over on the Facebook Hydrogen One User Group....

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Kundrotas View Post
    https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...10&oe=5ACBC91B

Courtesy of Christopher Bell over on the Facebook Hydrogen One User Group....

It was tagged with r3d. Is this official that it will record to r3d yet?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Kelly Brown View Post
    I would be down wait for the extra production time for this to be implemented into hydrogen.
    The Engadget article indicates that Qualcomm expects devices using the new Snapdragon to be shipping in early 2018, which means that it's already shipping the chips to the device manufacturers who are using it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography
    http://WhiteCranePhotography.com
    http://WinterLight.studio

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    The Engadget article indicates that Qualcomm expects devices using the new Snapdragon to be shipping in early 2018, which means that it's already shipping the chips to the device manufacturers who are using it.
    That would be perfect if so. Been reading that it has console grade graphics and better efficiency. That's a big claim and should be taken with a grain of salt for now. I'm optimistic though.