Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: RED ONE / DSMC 1 upgrade program finally has an end date.

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    I bought my Epic MX new in 2014. Now it can't be repaired any longer? That seems like a bad deal for those who don't want to ride the DSMC2 railroad. Way too much of an investment to have it be obsolete in three years.

If I am reading this correctly, this implies that Dsmc2 ecosystem will remain for quite a while going forward, I am right?
    Speaking of which, the idea of sensor swap is fantastic. But how about logistics, is it foreseen that this can be done through certified local Red dealer? I mean for those of us outside the US, shipping back and forth to Irvine is costly and time consuming.

But all in all, great news - for Dsmc2 owners at least.
    Last edited by Thai Christen; 07-01-2017 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post

Our VV sensor production is getting better ( you will see a few more of those coming out of the oven in the next few weeks )

Nice to hear .. this sensor is the thing I want more :)

Will it be interchangeable with other dmsc2 body sensors?
    Grading Suite Davinci Resolve, Rental RED Digital camera.
    WEAPON CF #831 "AUDREY"
    SCARLET-W #45 "HEIDI " , EPIC #668 .
    ARRI ALEXA EV

SITE
    www.cine5k.ch

www.rsi.ch

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Anyone that has purchased a Monochrome RED before... you are awesome.

We will make a special program for you to go to Weapon Monochrome.
    <3 <3 <3
    Simran Dewan
    cinematographer | www.simrandewan.com
    Weapon Helium 8K Monochrome // Epic-W Helium 8K

CineGround Media Inc.
    www.cineground.com
    Cameras - Post-Production

CF Weapon (Monstro), Weapon Helium Monochrome, Epic-W, Scarlet-W, Epic Dragon, One, Alexa Mini, Varicam LT
    Leica Summicron-C | Kowa Anamorphic | Canon K-35 | Cooke Mini-S4 | ARRI/Zeiss Ultra Primes

Jarred if I understand it correctly I can switch to for example 6K Dragon sensor but the brain and internals will remain the same so with Scarlet-W I'll get lets say 6K at 30fps max? Is that right?
    KAREL ŠIMŮNEK
    RED SCARLET-W #996 "Phoenix"

Quote Originally Posted by Med D View Post
    I bought my Epic MX new in 2014. Now it can't be repaired any longer? That seems like a bad deal for those who don't want to ride the DSMC2 railroad. Way too much of an investment to have it be obsolete in three years.
    Hear! Hear! I was shocked to read this yesterday. To think that in three shorts months, after October 2017, I might re-boot my Epic-X to suddenly to find that a company I've been with so loyal to since 2008 won't repair my 3-year old camera any longer is just too disheartening to fathom.
    The Crossing Trailer for upcoming acid western inspired by the world of Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian.
    https://vimeo.com/105448633

The Lonely Moan
    http://vimeo.com/33643688

Dead Lonesome A film about Ghost Towns and the Mystique of the Western Landscape filmed in 35mm. http://vimeo.com/6874360

NEW SENSORS!! I imagine there will be a lower res one but with hyper Dynamic Range, gazillion colors and ultra night vision lowlight monster!!
    SCARLET-W #004760

I wish...
    Life is good. So is RED...

http://quine.no

Sitting in the Same Boat!! Its a shame! My Epic MX Will Not be repaired if it break??? Thats unconscionable!

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Taylor View Post
    Hear! Hear! I was shocked to read this yesterday. To think that in three shorts months, after October 2017, I might re-boot my Epic-X to suddenly to find that a company I've been with so loyal to since 2008 won't repair my 3-year old camera any longer is just too disheartening to fathom.
    Hey Joe, we will fix it if we have the parts still available.. but we can't if we don't. It's not really a decision of ours, we can no longer source most of the components used on the boards of the M and MX cameras, not only sensors, but memory and other electrical components that we buy from other companies actually stopped being manufactured many years ago.