Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Phil Holland's PhilmColor Creative 3D Luts for IPP2

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Have been using them on a big documentary project. Thank you so much Phil! Making pretty imagery is almost becoming too easy..
    Simran Dewan
    cinematographer | www.simrandewan.com
    Weapon Helium 8K Monochrome // Epic-W Helium 8K

CineGround Media Inc.
    www.cineground.com
    Cameras - Post-Production

CF Weapon (Monstro), Weapon Helium Monochrome, Epic-W, Scarlet-W, Epic Dragon, One, Alexa Mini, Varicam LT
    Leica Summicron-C | Kowa Anamorphic | Canon K-35 | Cooke Mini-S4 | ARRI/Zeiss Ultra Primes

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yes they do. And we should probably all buy 2 copies each just to support Phil who has been making all our lives easier for free for way too many years :)
    Absolutely.

Phil's contributions to the community have been insane, even those that don't apply to me or that I do differently, his work put in and sharing attitude is truly admirable!!
    Philanthropist | Filmmaker | Photographer

I Purchased Philmcolor the second it was released...combined with IPP2 I am getting insanely amazing results. Game changer ;)
    Alkali Digital LLC
    Director | Cinematographer | Editor

Phil, great job! Honestly, I think you have underpriced them. I would make that price an intro price and raise it after some period of time.

The amount of work you put into this and the value they are are worth, the current price is a steal!

From viewing the sample baseStocks previews from your website, I 'm loving "Pelican", "Crane", "Egret", "Ibis", "Loon", "Robin", "Rosella", "Turaco" and "Sandpiper". I don't think there is a better Lut Pack available for Red Cinema cameras .

Thank you guys. The love is truly felt. I've got some special things I've been up to as of late for REDuser as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Simran Dewan View Post
    Have been using them on a big documentary project. Thank you so much Phil! Making pretty imagery is almost becoming too easy..
    It's an interesting topic for sure. I certainly don't feel these in any way replace a colorist for instance, but what this can do is truly help change the stock and feel of what you are shooting. You can of course use these to finish your pieces and I'm loving the examples of that I've seen so far.

Because all of this happens in the Grading area in the pipe, have fun tinkering around with CDL, Contrast, Curves, and Saturation. You can carve these things into pretty unique looks that suite your shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Spears View Post
    Phil, great job! Honestly, I think you have underpriced them. I would make that price an intro price and raise it after some period of time.

The amount of work you put into this and the value they are are worth, the current price is a steal!
    I have had to battle with pricing a whole lot actually. Took a lot of outside advice. I have never sold my LUTs outside doing work at studios and honestly didn't know what to do. Some said $2K, some said $50. Based on some of the exclusive packages out there for other cameras, I was looking at $500-$750 before the release.

At the end of the day I had a hard think about it. RED makes so many different cameras that fit so many price points and I didn't want to exclude any RED shooter from something literally designed for them. $325 is a happy place for now, plus that little discount for the early birds because it's still early days of IPP2. There's a slim chance I'll up it to $400 by the time the update comes out as you'll see the additional lengths of what I'm going through to make that happen.

We'll have to nerd out next time we catch up Stacey. None of this was made in a grading package, had to take a long road to get there really.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    From viewing the sample baseStocks previews from your website, I 'm loving "Pelican", "Crane", "Egret", "Ibis", "Loon", "Robin", "Rosella", "Turaco" and "Sandpiper". I don't think there is a better Lut Pack available for Red Cinema cameras .
    Thank you Rand and I'm glad you picked out a few specific ones there. I'll be writing more detailed info up shortly, but for instance baseStock:rosella is loosely based on a 3-strip process and tuned a bit for RED. Egret is a really, really nice general shooting LUT. Like you can just leave that one on all the time really. Some really for Pelican. Everybody seems to love Crane and they shoot as it's rather inspired by common film grade. Turaco is one of my personal favorites and is indeed something I created for a feature some time ago.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

These are truly an absolute must have! It gives you so many options it will wow everyone sitting behind your monitors.
    Last edited by Daniel Stilling; 06-23-2017 at 04:14 AM.
    Daniel Stilling, DFF (Danish Society of Cinematographers)
    Director Of Photography
    www.danieldp.com

Phil, thanks a lot for your tremendous work!
    Going through some of your Luts, they look very nice.
    One question though, I know the price is a steal. However, any chance you could possibly offer a very light package at a lower cost, maybe under US$ 100 with upgrade possibility to full package?
    I fully understand if this is too much to ask for and I am aware that this could complicate your ordering process/logistics etc.

Thought I just ask. Costs nothing, right? :-)
    Keep up with your great work!

Phil, I've been following these LUTs with great thirst. Any chance you can share more about the little discount for early birds? No doubt your work deserves double this rate. But for those of us who are driving 20-year old Honda Civics and eating beans and rice to make Red cameras part of our lives, it would be a great help. And thank you!

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    $325 is a happy place for now, plus that little discount for the early birds because it's still early days of IPP2. There's a slim chance I'll up it to $400 by the time the update comes out as you'll see the additional lengths of what I'm going through to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Christen View Post
    One question though, I know the price is a steal. However, any chance you could possibly offer a very light package at a lower cost, maybe under US$ 100 with upgrade possibility to full package?
    Thought about doing a sample pack, but honestly I've put a couple thousand sample images online and I think you'll end up missing the full tool kit here. The difficulty is how to handle that when updates come and all that. There should be an impressive update in July/August and that is what you don't want to miss out on.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Solowiej View Post
    Phil, I've been following these LUTs with great thirst. Any chance you can share more about the little discount for early birds? No doubt your work deserves double this rate. But for those of us who are driving 20-year old Honda Civics and eating beans and rice to make Red cameras part of our lives, it would be a great help. And thank you!

Sean
    Yep, use "phfxlovesyou" at checkout. $20 off. It's an early bird discount. When IPP2 becomes "release" I'll likely take that discount away. And will 100% take it away by the time of the next update for sure.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon