Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Phil Holland's PhilmColor Creative 3D Luts for IPP2

Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick van den Berg View Post
    Is there any way to try some of my own shots? Like sending them over or so? so far almost all other LUT's aren't working that well on our footage, i think because of the older leica lenses (which have a great warm look)
    Would be silly to spend 325 bucks just to try. Also, i cant find anything about the ''Graeme's Transform LUTs'' on the red site. is it some kind of converter? I am a resolve user, I dont really want to use RCX in my workflow, if thats possible.
    Well, I certainly won't offer this to everybody, but if you have some .R3D snapshots you'd like to send my way via PM I'll run some through for you when I have a moment.

Graeme's LUT's can be found here:

https://www.red.com/downloads?catego...&release=final

You're looking for IPP2 OUTPUT PRESETS.

I'd recommend reading this thread for a basic overview of IPP2:
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...2-Introduction

And also, literally as of a couple days ago Resolve now supports IPP2. Sort of.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Well, I certainly won't offer this to everybody, but if you have some .R3D snapshots you'd like to send my way via PM I'll run some through for you when I have a moment.

Graeme's LUT's can be found here:

https://www.red.com/downloads?catego...&release=final

You're looking for IPP2 OUTPUT PRESETS.

I'd recommend reading this thread for a basic overview of IPP2:
    http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...2-Introduction

And also, literally as of a couple days ago Resolve now supports IPP2. Sort of.
    Thanks, much appreciated

3. #143 release 2.0? 
    Hi Phil,
    news about the release 2.0 and "standard naming - guide".?
    Thanks,
    Luca.

Luca F. M. Orlandi - A.I.C. IMAGO.

E-W HELIUM 8K #000925 a.k.a. "The BEAST".

atelierorlandi.com

Thanks Phil! Downloaded the luts! Do I need to convert these as I am using a Scarlet W?

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Creighton View Post
    Thanks Phil! Downloaded the luts! Do I need to convert these as I am using a Scarlet W?
    Yes, if you want to monitor with them in camera.

In post, nope, they are working as designed.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Yes, if you want to monitor with them in camera.

In post, nope, they are working as designed.

Hey Phil I edit and grade in premire and ill be getting my Epicw very soon.
    Will I be able to to use your LUTS in premiere 2018 natively.. or will I have to go Through RED Cine X Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan Knight View Post
    Hey Phil I edit and grade in premire and ill be getting my Epicw very soon.
    Will I be able to to use your LUTS in premiere 2018 natively.. or will I have to go Through RED Cine X Pro?
    You'll want to wait for the upcoming next Premiere Pro CC Update, which will feature IPP2 and a few other things. Today though, RCX and Resolve are the best options. Though Resolve sort of botched the IPP2 update as well.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Hi Phil,

I just installed the new FCP X 10.4 which supports IPP2 and custom LUTs. The way I set it up was to use Camera LUT as RWG/Log3G10 to REC709 and then in the effects/Color/Custom LUT apply PHILMCOLOR of choice to each clip. Is this the correct order and method you would recommend? The Custom LUT allows application % defaults to 100% and looks perhaps slightly different than in RedCine-X but seems to work pretty well. Any comments would be appreciated. Looking forward to your next update!

It does not look like footage can be imported directly from Epic W where both the Camera LUT and Philmcolor have been applied directly into FCP X 10.4 but rather have to go back to log view and add both from there. With this in mind, it seems that recording directly to 4k ProRes might make more sense, especially with the new white balance tools for those of us using FCP as an editor?
    Last edited by Jon Dishler; 12-15-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    EPIC-W 1402
    EPIC-W 6423

Just an update/info on Release 2 of philmColor as I'm currently working on it prior to a quick shoot in NYC.

I just want to say thanks for the support, suggestions, and feedback along the way. It's blown my mind to see where philmColor has been used in cinema, episodic, commercial content all over the globe. That support and level of interest has certainly fueled the months of work injected into Release 2. I've been diligently working on a compelling update, QCing all along the way. The short info on R2? It's got more of what you want, some bolder looks (as requested by many), and a new entire concept that I'll share when it drops.

Post Side: RED's IPP2 Color Workflow SDK is now out to most 3rd party vendors. Though some early on misunderstood the order of operations, I suspect most will have it "right" by January. I'm poking a couple of those companies pretty often too.

Camera Side: Monstro has now been released and any Helium or Monstro based camera brain has the full IPP2 internal hardware to drive the IPP2 workflow and you can indeed load these Creative Cubes into camera. The firmware to support that is also out.

Timeline Update for philmColor R2: 12/16/2017 - Very, very soon. There's still some 2017 left :) Need to see if I can beat Santa to the punch or wait for him to leave the party!

For those who ordered and on philmColor R1, don't worry there will be an email blast and you won't miss the update, you'll have R2 as part of the original purchase price and you can download it at anytime.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon