Thread: Using Philmcolor in Premiere CC 2017

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So these are log-to-log luts, meant as input luts, and used in combination with the Ipp2 transform? it's not very clear on the website.

Does the CDL correction come after the 3d creative LUT in Redcine-X?

Quote Originally Posted by jussi rovanpera View Post
    So these are log-to-log luts, meant as input luts, and used in combination with the Ipp2 transform? it's not very clear on the website.

Does the CDL correction come after the 3d creative LUT in Redcine-X?
    Yes, the order of operations is RWG/Log3G10>Creative 3D LUT>CDL>Output Transform
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Any updates on where Adobe might be on integrating imported IPP2 meta data??

Also, I noticed something interesting. I used Redcine-X (build 50/beta) to process and color a TON of .r3d clips from my Scarlet-W (used different flavors of philmColor on each one... amazing). After realizing that I couldn't import the IPP2 meta data into Premiere I tried to open the same .r3d files with Redcine-X (build 42/release) and it opened the same .r3d file but without any of the IPP2 meta data adjustments.

sooo.... since I have such a larger number of clips that I've already processed with the beta50 IPP2... what I my best bet to get them into an editor? Does FCP have support for importing IPP2 meta data?

Or should I just go through each clip (several hundred) in premiere and apply luts as Phil prescribed above?

I guess I could transcode everything out of Redcine-X.... but like I said it's hundreds of clips, haha.

Thoughts?
    Your friendly Neighborhood REDuser
    Scarlet-W# 77
    http://spencerweaver.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Weaver View Post
    Any updates on where Adobe might be on integrating imported IPP2 meta data??

Also, I noticed something interesting. I used Redcine-X (build 50/beta) to process and color a TON of .r3d clips from my Scarlet-W (used different flavors of philmColor on each one... amazing). After realizing that I couldn't import the IPP2 meta data into Premiere I tried to open the same .r3d files with Redcine-X (build 42/release) and it opened the same .r3d file but without any of the IPP2 meta data adjustments.

sooo.... since I have such a larger number of clips that I've already processed with the beta50 IPP2... what I my best bet to get them into an editor? Does FCP have support for importing IPP2 meta data?

Or should I just go through each clip (several hundred) in premiere and apply luts as Phil prescribed above?

I guess I could transcode everything out of Redcine-X.... but like I said it's hundreds of clips, haha.

Thoughts?
    For the time being you should make a Lumetri preset and apply it to all your clips.

IPP2 is still in Beta in REDCINE-X Pro and no 3rd party programs support it yet in full implementation.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    For the time being you should make a Lumetri preset and apply it to all your clips.

IPP2 is still in Beta in REDCINE-X Pro and no 3rd party programs support it yet in full implementation.
    Thanks Phil! I'll do it.

IPP2 is going to be out of this world once supported across the board!
    Your friendly Neighborhood REDuser
    Scarlet-W# 77
    http://spencerweaver.com/

6. #16 Philm Color Luts in davinci resolve 
    Hi, can I use Philm Color Luts in davinci resolve 14?

Quote Originally Posted by Michal Jaworski View Post
    Hi, can I use Philm Color Luts in davinci resolve 14?
    Yes.

Put the LUTs in C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\Davinci Resolve\Support\LUT

I don't know what the directory is on a Mac, but you can open Resolve, go to project settings, under color management, there's a button that can open the LUT directory for you.