Thread: Hard noise epic w

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Hard noise epic w 
    Hello! Formed this problem.. the noise came hard as URSA 4.6 direct.. And the image is blurred. I've done that a few times the manual calibration did not help. Earlier I did not notice this noise at any when and had no issues capturing in this light. Even with light above, RED shows traffic noise. R3D http://www.filedropper.com/a003c0060601zd0000163f http://www.filedropper.com/a003c0060601zd0000904f

The image looks pretty nice to me under default IPP2 in the beta Redcine. Raising it to 1600 ISO (3200 under legacy pipeline), it looks really good, imo. There is some noise, but with motion, and rendered out to 4k, I really doubt it would be distracting.

Played with the image a little bit in RCX. Even pushed to 4,000 in IPP2 beta Redcine, it looks really good.

Was there any atmosphere in the scene?

Default settings in any noise removal software would easily remove what noise there is. I'd like to see it in motion, because it looks pretty filmic to me.
    - zack

--
    Zack McTee
    zackmctee.com
    twitter.com/zackmctee

Thank you for Your answers. I work in Davinci Resolve and I see there is a lot of noise, it looks like not working material. For me it is very strange. Usually there is no noise at all

Perhaps in this light it is normal? This is not a normal noise! At all. What's going on?

Focus Assist on?!
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred Baulig View Post
    Focus Assist on?!
    Yes, but when it disconnects the same. Previously, this has never been observed

I agree, your R3D's looked better in RCX VS 50 BETA but I also agree it doesn't look right on your RED PRO preview shots.

I see you're using a sensor temp of 37.

Change your fan settings to ADAPTIVE 44 degree, wait until 44 degree's is reached & calibrate your sensor at 44 with the 55min AUTO option...make sure you have a good battery or better still mains power.
    It's ESSENTIAL you reach 44 degrees first & it holds 44 for a few mins before calibration. Just 1 degree out makes a huge difference.

DISCLAIMER:
    I've only tested this on WEAPON HELIUM & not your EPIC W HELIUM but it should be the same result.

Below are two screen grabs of a single 8K frame with the port cap on at 44 degree's & the ISO pushed to 12,800 in RCX 50 BETA.
    The first image (almost black grab) is 44 degree's & the noisier one is 40 degree's....quite a difference huh? on your shoots just keep an eye on the temp & adaptive fan at 44 setting...if it drops due to the cold then partially block the fans with tape to maintain 44, I maintained 44 in -19 for 10 hours in January with just tape.

I hope this helps you too.
    Attached Images
    Stuart Graham U.S.
    Stuart Graham Outside of the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Graham View Post
    I agree, your R3D's looked better in RCX VS 50 BETA but I also agree it doesn't look right on your RED PRO preview shots.

I see you're using a sensor temp of 37.

Change your fan settings to ADAPTIVE 44 degree, wait until 44 degree's is reached & calibrate your sensor at 44 with the 55min AUTO option...make sure you have a good battery or better still mains power.
    It's ESSENTIAL you reach 44 degrees first & it holds 44 for a few mins before calibration. Just 1 degree out makes a huge difference.

DISCLAIMER:
    I've only tested this on WEAPON HELIUM & not your EPIC W HELIUM but it should be the same result.

Below are two screen grabs of a single 8K frame with the port cap on at 44 degree's & the ISO pushed to 12,800 in RCX 50 BETA.
    The first image (almost black grab) is 44 degree's & the noisier one is 40 degree's....quite a difference huh? on your shoots just keep an eye on the temp & adaptive fan at 44 setting...if it drops due to the cold then partially block the fans with tape to maintain 44, I maintained 44 in -19 for 10 hours in January with just tape.

I hope this helps you too.
    Thank you for such a lovely response! I have already started automatic calibration at 44 degrees. Tell me. After calibration I have to leave Adaptive on 44 degrees or lower up to 37? It's summer and always warm. Do I need it?

One more question. I did an automatic calibration, it seems like the truth is getting much better! I will do the tests. But the question. Is it the first to leave the temperature at 44 degrees? And I will use Slow Motion and Shutter Speed ​​1/200 respectively. Do I need to do another calibration or not? Automatic calibration all done by yourself?