Thread: New York & New Jersey Red User Meetup

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tonight! 7PM.. Address in original post!

Hope to see a bunch of you here.
    Louis Maddalena
    New York Based.

CF Weapon, Epic-W, Leica Summicron-Cs, Schneider Xeons, available for rent nationwide.
    AKS, Lighting and Grip also available. PM for information.

New Studio: msquaredstudio.tv
    Follow me on Instagram @MSquared_Studio
    New Website: MaddalenaMedia.com

Wow NJCU. Small world. Unfortunately I'm now stuck in an edit session so I won't be able to make it to the meet up tonight. Brian, we should definitely connect at some point in the near future. Louis thank you for putting this thing together. Hopefully you will set up another one in the future. Have fun guys/gals.

Big thank you to Louis for organizing this event.
    I've been a REDuser for almost 10 years and this was the only RED event I can think of in NJ.

Louis also has a very nice new studio space that is a great and affordable alternative to schlepping into NYC or Brooklyn (paying kleptocracy approved tolls, crazy parking costs, $200+ tow fees, rage inducing traffic, etc).
    Louis has some very nice grip and lighting options, sizable cyc, VO booth, decent parking, among others, Of course, he also has some very nice RED gear.

It was also an honor to meet Doug Underahl as he bought along his company's 7 Jib and a new device that allows for conitinous tilting on a jib move. If you look up Doug or go to his website (http://www.longvalleyequip.com/index.php), you realize he's the real deal.
    Interesting hearing him talk about designing stuff for a little film called Titanic.

I've rented his 7 jib on several shoots and forgot how truly portable and versatile it is. I think I need to finally own one.

Also great talking to Jay, who seems busy as a Cam op, AC, and DIT.

Amazing how much you can learn in a few hours with some incredibly bright people in the room.

My only gripe was there probably could have been more people.

I sense the RED community on the East coast is a bit more fragmented compared to say Southern California.
    Events like this definitely help bring the community together if not help expand it.
    Louis mentioned doing this more in the future. I highly encourage people to come out to his next event.
    If you live NJ it's a no brainer.

Hey Ignacio- Great hearing from and nice to see another NJCU RED owner. Definitely would like to meet up at some point.

Hope to see more people at future events.

Brian Timmons
    BRITIM/MEDIA

Sorry I missed this one. Hopefully next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Timmons View Post
    Big thank you to Louis for organizing this event.
    I've been a REDuser for almost 10 years and this was the only RED event I can think of in NJ.

Louis also has a very nice new studio space that is a great and affordable alternative to schlepping into NYC or Brooklyn (paying kleptocracy approved tolls, crazy parking costs, $200+ tow fees, rage inducing traffic, etc).
    Louis has some very nice grip and lighting options, sizable cyc, VO booth, decent parking, among others, Of course, he also has some very nice RED gear.

It was also an honor to meet Doug Underahl as he bought along his company's 7 Jib and a new device that allows for conitinous tilting on a jib move. If you look up Doug or go to his website (http://www.longvalleyequip.com/index.php), you realize he's the real deal.
    Interesting hearing him talk about designing stuff for a little film called Titanic.

I've rented his 7 jib on several shoots and forgot how truly portable and versatile it is. I think I need to finally own one.

Also great talking to Jay, who seems busy as a Cam op, AC, and DIT.

Amazing how much you can learn in a few hours with some incredibly bright people in the room.

My only gripe was there probably could have been more people.

I sense the RED community on the East coast is a bit more fragmented compared to say Southern California.
    Events like this definitely help bring the community together if not help expand it.
    Louis mentioned doing this more in the future. I highly encourage people to come out to his next event.
    If you live NJ it's a no brainer.

Hey Ignacio- Great hearing from and nice to see another NJCU RED owner. Definitely would like to meet up at some point.

Hope to see more people at future events.

Brian Timmons
    BRITIM/MEDIA
    Glad you had fun and enjoyed the space! It was awesome to meet you! Will definitely be doing it again!
    Louis Maddalena
    New York Based.

CF Weapon, Epic-W, Leica Summicron-Cs, Schneider Xeons, available for rent nationwide.
    AKS, Lighting and Grip also available. PM for information.

New Studio: msquaredstudio.tv
    Follow me on Instagram @MSquared_Studio
    New Website: MaddalenaMedia.com