Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: REDVOLT-V . Mini V-Locks now shipping

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Kammer View Post
    Actually I think the Swit dual charger, the Globalmediapro SCA2S and the bebob vs2 are all the same generic charger, with some brand specific stickers on top, and none seem to work well with redvolt-v's :/
    It's weird, I have the GMP dual charger, at some point after drainig the redvolt-v batteries it charged them very fast. I thought it was a memory thing so I thought that it would have solved the issue. wrong.

    Yesterday I was shooting and I put on charge the batteries in my GMP charger, they immediately turned green, all of them. I charged them in my paglink micro and they won't charge as well.

    So I had to drain them a bit in camera, then put in the paglink and they started to charge again.

    I don't think I'll ever try to charge them again in the GMP dual charger, unfortunately... can it be a firmware thing on the batteries, if they even have one?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #62  
    Senior Member Brent G Miller Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    279
    FYI: we've been using the Core Quad FLEET charger and the RED micro V-mounts seem to charge perfectly. No issues. I would imagine the dual Core Fleet charger would work just as well. Pricier than other chargers but they're built like a tank.
    Brent Miller Jr.
    Executive Director, Ingenuity Films LLC
    www.IngenuityFilms.com

    Coming in 2018 on Blu-ray, DVD and Digital: www.BeforeTheWrath.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #63  
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlo De Agostini View Post
    It's weird, I have the GMP dual charger, at some point after drainig the redvolt-v batteries it charged them very fast. I thought it was a memory thing so I thought that it would have solved the issue. wrong.

    Yesterday I was shooting and I put on charge the batteries in my GMP charger, they immediately turned green, all of them. I charged them in my paglink micro and they won't charge as well.

    So I had to drain them a bit in camera, then put in the paglink and they started to charge again.

    I don't think I'll ever try to charge them again in the GMP dual charger, unfortunately... can it be a firmware thing on the batteries, if they even have one?
    Try to let the camera run the battery down to auto shutdown. Fixes the issue with battery not changing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Grevsen View Post
    Try to let the camera run the battery down to auto shutdown. Fixes the issue with battery not changing.
    Yeah I know, sometimes it works, then next time you use them it dosen't. Careful though, because I had one battery that won't charge, and because it was too weak to turn on the camera I had to drain it with a led light.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #65  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal Kammer View Post
    Actually I think the Swit dual charger, the Globalmediapro SCA2S and the bebob vs2 are all the same generic charger, with some brand specific stickers on top, and none seem to work well with redvolt-v's :/
    The Dynacore D-2S doesn't charge the RED V-mounts either.
    www.DistinctVisuals.com
    Epic-W #544
    Raven #1542

    2017 Cinematography Reel
    REDucated - 2016
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #66  
    Member Finn Möller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    57
    My Redvolt V on my Scarlet W with Beta Firmware are shutting the camera randomly down. Also they are not charging sometimes.
    Is there some kind of advise how to avoid this?
    SCARLET-W #002464
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #67  
    Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    462
    The lead time for these have been creeping up from 7 to 10 days to 2 to 3 weeks. We know 2 to 3 weeks in "RED availability speak" means they don`t really know when an items is going to be in stock. I ordered mine close to over 6 weeks ago when it was listed as 7 to 10 days and still waiting.

    I got a feeling there might be some underlying problem RED are solving. I dont mind them taking some time if it avoids the small redvolt fiasco.
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #68  
    I had severe Charging Problems, look on my closed thread. It seems to be a fact that the new redvolt - V only works with the RED Charger. If you use another one, it will not work. So what to do?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #69  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas F. Scheucher View Post
    I had severe Charging Problems, look on my closed thread. It seems to be a fact that the new redvolt - V only works with the RED Charger. If you use another one, it will not work. So what to do?
    Return them and buy from another reputable battery manufacturer. Charging a battery shouldn't be this complicated and buying a new/old RED charger just for these little batteries, well that's just silly.
    Also, why are admin's locking the REDvolt-v threads? Seems counter productive when trying to solve the issues a lot of user are having.
    www.DistinctVisuals.com
    Epic-W #544
    Raven #1542

    2017 Cinematography Reel
    REDucated - 2016
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #70  
    Senior Member Andrew R Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denton, TX (Just North of Dallas Texas)
    Posts
    272
    Already had one red brick charger when I bought three two packs of the redvolt-v's. Found another red brick charger in the marketplace for a good price and I've never had any issues. I wasn't even aware that there were issues and I got mine from one of the earliest batches. I know it might not be the most practical way to go but as a general rule I go Red products first, even used gear if necessary. It just really minimizes headaches.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts