Thread: Scarlet-W shoulder setup

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Scarlet-W shoulder setup 
    I've been using my Scarlet-W with various top and side handles but I'm now looking for a shoulder rig. Could anyone recommend a good, lightweight (& possibly cheap) shoulder option for DSMC2 cameras? I'm ideally looking for a setup to use with the 4.7" monitor. Thanks!
    Jordan Beard
    Canopy Films

Hi Jordan,

I'm running with the Tilta TT-0506-15 shoulder rig with dovetail combined with the Tilta BS-T05 baseplate with some rods and a Tilta MA-T03 mounted for my 702 Lite monitor. Besides those then I'm using the Universal Top Handle and Side Handle which seems to be working out fine. Overall then it feels really good. Well balanced and I can swap to tri-/monopod in no time.

With that being said then it's important that you know I'm quite new to the Scarlet game. I've just received my camera this week and have been a bit too busy to put it to real use. However I plan on doing this extensively during the weekend so I'll probably check in Monday with my experience! So hold on with taking my words for granted ;)

I'm using the epic-w but still applies, here's a stripped down version of my rig (no matte box or ff, but easily added) with the key parts being the zacuto axis arm and wooden camera pogo to pogo to get controls and the screen in a comfortable place. The balance is also very good. The shoulder pad, bottom plate, and rods are all small-rig. Oh, and CAS Spidergrips.

http://share.pho.to/AeyEW
    Last edited by Josiah Duncan; 03-31-2017 at 03:38 PM.

Filming with that setup this weekend. Will post some stills and a breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah Duncan View Post
    I'm using the epic-w but still applies, here's a stripped down version of my rig (no matte box or ff, but easily added) with the key parts being the zacuto axis arm and wooden camera pogo to pogo to get controls and the screen in a comfortable place. The balance is also very good. The shoulder pad, bottom plate, and rods are all small-rig. Oh, and CAS Spidergrips.

http://share.pho.to/AeyEW
    dude this setup looks really cool. definitely going to try it out. pretty genius :)

This is my old dslr rig with Raven setup.
    Attached Images

If you want cheap, go to small rig. The shoulder pad is a little on the small side but I have small shoulders so it's okay. They have carbon rods as well as all types of clamps, handles and bits.

Thanks for the responses everyone! Great to see a few different setups. Unsurprisingly small rig seems like go-to cheap option. Interesting to see how you each have your own solution for mounting a monitor. Looks like it's a toss up between relocating the Red LCD for shoulder setups or just running SDI into something like a 702.
    Jordan Beard
    Canopy Films

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Batchelor View Post

If you want cheap, go to small rig. The shoulder pad is a little on the small side but I have small shoulders so it's okay. They have carbon rods as well as all types of clamps, handles and bits.
    Oh!! I like this configuration.
    Justin, You can give me the reference number of your baseplate and shoulder pad? I get lost on the site of smallrig! Thank !!

Quote Originally Posted by RaphaŽl_FR View Post
    Oh!! I like this configuration.
    Justin, You can give me the reference number of your baseplate and shoulder pad? I get lost on the site of smallrig! Thank !!
    Baseplate is actually from RedRock Micro.
    Rods, Clamps, Shoulder all from smallrig