Thread: TEST/REVIEW - Motion Mount on Helium

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    this is pretty elegant http://cinescopophilia.com/the-dec-v...enius-adapter/

really like the swappable clear filter - I guess the distance is just to small on the RED
    SCARLET-W
    DocuMovie UK LONDON

This is amazing. For the longest time I didn't understand some of the pitfalls regarding the motion mount. I do have a question regarding captive vs non-captive. Is there a difference between the two filters besides screws?
    Thank you very much for this.
    RED EPIC-W #3508

I will just say that the color shifting I am getting with the "new motion mount" is insane, really really bad. I even get a yellow banding which looks like a sunset grad if I max out the ND in the Motion Mount. -

Epic W Helium (latest firmware October) Skintone OLPF

Brook Aitken
    DP
    Boulder CO
    www.brookaitken.com

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    MM is not to be used wide open you have to stop down a bit, otherwise at some high value you get the weird color shift (not the normal color shift). It's mentionned on Red website if I recall.
    I've never had any trouble with my PL MM (I only use ND only) when using it within Red recommendations. The camera adjusts the color automatically and it matches the footage.
    Bérenger B. Brillante
    Diffraction Productions
    --Showreel--

[QUOTE=brook aitken;1766752]I will just say that the color shifting I am getting with the "new motion mount" is insane, really really bad. I even get a yellow banding which looks like a sunset grad if I max out the ND in the Motion Mount. -

Epic W Helium (latest firmware October) Skintone OLPF

What are your settings? The strength of the ND or shutter setting on the MM the lens your using and the f stop your using. Or do you see the color shift at all settings.
    Maybe a R3d file to let some of us take a look.

Make sure you don't have things like HDRX turned on if you can even turn it on with the MM on the camera Im not sure, and in my experience some higher frame rates vs shutter angles, don't play well together but you can almost always adjust a bit on each and find one that works.

Like Berenger said if you play with in the guidelines that RED has said work it is a gem of a tool to have on the camera... When you ask it to do the max ability on any of the settings you start to notice artifacts but those are usually the extreme settings.

And Shawn, I would think that there should be no difference between captive vs non captive screw other then you have to hold the screws when changing the mount.
    Epic Forged Weapon (Aerial)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312

I created a ticked and am now send in the motion mount to Red. No HDRX, ND only, kept it pretty basic. The shifting was pretty massive and would just start to bake in the yellow grad tint randomly. I don't have the footage so I cant share RD3 but hopefully you can see the images in my Dropbox link, (if I shared correctly)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxhowygeyo..._9537.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxhowygeyo..._9537.JPG?dl=0

will have to see what RED tech says-

Brook Aitken
    DP
    Boulder CO
    www.brookaitken.com