Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: FEB Update / IPP2 Preview 2

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Is there or will there be a new RCX beta? or is the debayer the same and these are just new .cube LUTs?

One more question, Jarred.

Any news about the the REDVOLT-V Battery? Will RED go to NAB this year?
    Norbert Niederacher
    Weapon MG, Schneider Xenon Primes, Angenieux EZ1 + EZ2

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Sorry, guys, the delay in replies. Had back to back meetings…

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Scott View Post
    Order back in December and we're still on for Spring?
    Seems to be about right.

Quote Originally Posted by TD Wood View Post
    Ordered on April, still not allocated... so hard to say.
    But, yeah, would really welcome a tiny bit more info regarding Sacrlet-W orders, such as "we are currently allocating Spring 2016 orders and expect to blah, blah, blah"... anything... just to make the wait a little bit less painful.
    TD Wood, I expect next week to start off with good news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Benoit View Post
    So what timeframe am I looking at if I ordered the Epic-W upgrade from RED Dragon? I placed my upgrade in late december?
    Spring, likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Abiodun Shote View Post
    Thanks Jarred for the update.
    Just posted this over at the upgrade thread, but thought it might catch your attention here. Since the red owner pricing deals, perhaps you can please clarify:

Anyone knows if the upgrade to E-W from RAVEN owners (those that have taken delivery before Oct 11th) still open? if yes then Question:
    From the upgrade diagram (below) seems only S-W has a trade in value (and the $10k discount) when upgrading to E-W making final payment $9,550. RAVEN upgrade diagram did not mention any trade-in value (only the $10 discount). Is that a typo or its correct. If the delta between the RAVEN and S-W is $3k, I want to assume it carries forward to the final payment of the upgrade, is this true Jarred/Brent?
    Well, RAVEN to EPIC-W is live on our website so, yes, it is open.

You are correct. SCARLET-W owners have one upgrade path. RAVEN have another. As do the other cameras. As was stated when we first announced these, they should all be treated as silo’ed paths. People drove themselves crazy by looking over their fence to see if their neighbor’s upgrade path grass was greener than theirs. And, if you remember back even further, RAVENs originally were going to have no upgrade path, but we are allowing you to get $10,000 off for trading in a camera brain you paid much less for. The upgrade FAQs are the same now as they were when we announced originally.

PS, can't say you did not have advanced notice that this path was for SCARLET-W only. And that you had a few weeks time to switch from RAVEN to SCARLET-W:

Will there be a Raven to Epic-W offer? Which i want to assume could be 10k + the price differential of Scarlet-W and Raven. Is it possible or the Raven order needs to move to S-W and then go E-W?
    And my reply:

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    You better be in the SCARLET-W queue come Oct 11 to have a path from there to EPIC-W…
    Last edited by Brent Carter; 02-03-2017 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Added PS

Hey Brent,

Should I assume spring as well? Weapon MG to Weapon Helium - late December upgrade...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post

PS, can't say you did not have advanced notice that this path was for SCARLET-W only. And that you had a few weeks time to switch from RAVEN to SCARLET-W:
    Thanks Brent, but I was really referring to those that have taken delivery of their Ravens but interested in trade-in for E-W hence the question about the trade-in value when I return the brain.

Also any estimate for a Weapon MG to Weapon Helium - Oct 11 upgrade

BTW, nice dig up of my previous post, my name must ring a bell....lol

Thanks for taking time to answer

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Nattress View Post
    Arri clipped shots will produce inaccurate colours too.... The problem is when channels clip they don't all clip at the same time. And the clipped channels could be just touching clip (and thus the clipped colour is actually accurate) or they could be greatly clipped (and thus the colour could be wrong, or actually still of the correct hue). There's basically no way to know.

Graeme

Hi Jarred & Graeme,

Thank you for the updates. We received our Epic-W on January 27th, 2017. Applied the latest firmware update just a few hours ago. Everything is fine.

Here is a wild idea. This might be easier said than done within the current technology. Perhaps with the inclusion of two or more ASICs and a few predictive algorithms, it might be within reach.

Say you have assigned three primary colors and three secondary colors to a matrix. Each of these colors are set to have 16 or more iterations of shades (or variances) within them. At the factory you assign a median within each color. Conversely, you could assign similar parameters for hue values too.

Next, allow users to assign their own median values within current parameters. (I.e. make the median with a dynamic shift). Think of this process akin to a high performance (aerobatic) aircraft pilot or a motorcycle rider expertly leaning to the turn to stay on path at high rate of speed.

If and when the camera see a possibility of clipping one (or more) primary color channel/s and/or a secondary channel, it (the first predictive algorithm) sends a call for help to the reference matrix. There the secondary predictive algorithm invokes a series of subroutines to address out of gamut (colorimetric) values and issue warnings to the user. If you go further and add an AI subset to pull pedestals high or low to protect highlights and keep real world hue values, perhaps RED could become the first camera to mimic human vision in its true form. As humans, our brain constantly predict color variances under myriad of lighting conditions. There must be a way to do this at a lower cost.

Maybe DSMC3?

Just my two cents.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Dean View Post
    Hey Brent,

Should I assume spring as well? Weapon MG to Weapon Helium - late December upgrade...

Thanks!
    As of now, guesstimate would be closer to end of Spring/early Summer for that queue.

Thanks Brent, but I was really referring to those that have taken delivery of their Ravens but interested in trade-in for E-W hence the question about the trade-in value when I return the brain.

Also any estimate for a Weapon MG to Weapon Helium - Oct 11 upgrade

Thanks for taking time to answer
    It is what it says on the FAQs:

"You are eligible to return your RED RAVEN BRAIN and purchase a RED EPIC-W with HELIUM 8K S35 sensor with a $10,000 upgrade credit, reducing the retail price of $29,500 to the RED Owner price of $19,500."

thanks Jarred, sounds more than fair. cheers

it would be awesome to see a helium sensor camera at SW pricing and specs, would buy today

steve

Currently debating taking the Epic-W upgrade, and waiting for the Scarlet W with my May 2016 timestamp.