Thread: RED Touch 5" issue / screen split

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 RED Touch 5" issue / screen split 
    My RED Touch 5" is having an intermittent issue. When I boot the camera the image in the monitor is split in half.

The left side of the screen has image and the right side is white.

I have mocked an image to show you what happens (this is not my image, I screen-grabbed a frame from a Youtube video and photoshopped an example of what it looks like)

It happens 1 in 3 boot-ups. Most of the time it comes back to normal when restarting the camera.

Let me know if any of you have seen this issue before.

I have same issue. Anyone know what's the problem?

I had something along the same lines happen to me whilst being on set, on boot the image spilt down the middle, and then they flipped side, so left was on the right and vice versa, 1st thought was "Oh F*&K" but after a quick reboot all gone and hasn't happened since, but the confusing thing was that I was sending a SDI feed to a client monitor, and that was completely fine, would interested to see what it was, and what the solution would be.
    Last edited by Johann Gutierrez; 03-02-2017 at 06:07 AM.
    [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Johann Gutierrez
    Raven #1917
    Instagram Vimeo

I have this issue for quit a long time already. At first I rebooted the camera. 60% of the reboots resolved the splitscreen-issue. In 40% of the reboots the problem returned.
    I found a way to work around it when a splitscreen comes up: I just unplug the red touch and 'replug' it. Always solves the problem!

Is it on the R3D if you record?

Id file a report and get it back to RED if i saw this.

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

Additional info: I always use an extra focus monitor (Small HD, hdmi-feed), next to the red touch. This additional monitor never shows the split screen. Image is always good, even when the red touch does show a split screen. The split screen is not on the R3D-files.
    I think it has something to do with signal transfer and/or the connection between camera and Red Touch.

It's not happening on the R3D - only in the monitor.

I got a ticket reply from RED but I can't test because I'm out of town. If you would like to try this is what they told me to do. I'll be back later today and will test myself.

"Can you please go to SETTINGS > DISPLAY > MONITOR CONTROL, and then change the frequency for the Brain LCD from 30.00 Hz to 60 Hz and let me know if the problem persists?"

I finally tried the trick suggested by RED in my previous post, well I didn't have to try..camera booted with full white screen so unplugged - replugged monitor to get image and then noticed that my monitor was already set to 60Hz.

I had this issue fairly frequently with my 5 inch monitor. It was always solved just by unplugging the lemo cable and plugging it back in. Never
    had to reboot. I didn't ever figure out what the underlying issue was. Since switching to using the 4.7" and 7" monitors plugged directly into
    the pogo connector, I haven't run into this since.
    Helium + Gemini

I often had seen this problem. Never from cold start, only when monitor was warm. So my opinion is this is caused by temperature and thermal expansion of electronic components inside. Also was solved by unplugging LEMO cable. This is not nice when it happens on a shoot next to a client...
    Vintage lenses in Moscow: 2 sets of LOMO Anamorphics RF & SF / Zeiss B speeds / and a set of Leica R's.