Thread: Lieca R on Epic W

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Lieca R on Epic W 
    Are there any examples of Leica R on the epic W? In particular I am interested in the 28-90mm 2.8 for a Doc i'm shooting. Also, how are people converting the mount? R to EF? I am also considering the Sigma cine 18-35.

Any thoughts / Examples?
    I've got a black belt in keeping it real!

PM sent
    Rob Franklin - Director of Photography

Underwater Cinematographer

www.theunderwatercompany.co.uk
    +44 7973 196002
    doprobfranklin@gmail.com

Look up the Leica image thread, so many amazing examples, they look sexy as hell on the MX/ Dragon systems, so I'd imagine they look even better on Weapon/ Helium.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ighlight=leica
    Dr. Dominik Münch D.O.C.A
    Filmmaker & Cinematographer
    Epic-W "Lucy"
    http://www.instagram.com/drdominikmuench

if your on instagram look up #motionpicturememories I have posted a million proxy, graded and ungraded caps

steve

Definitely agree with Dominik, there's tons of great examples on the Leica R thread here!
    I absolutely love my Leica Rs and use them more often then just about any other glass! They perform amazing on my Weapon Dragon (waiting to be allocated for Helium), and can't wait to try them on Helium!

You can change out the mounts-there's just a handful of screws, there's dozens to choose from. For the Leica's I haven't converted to PL, I use the FotodioX lens adapter-haven't had any issues with it.

The 28-90 is a great lens and should cover the Helium in 8k, something the Sigma 18-35 doesn't do, something to think about.
    Red Weapon Helium
    GL Optics Leica R
    Nikkor
    Looking forward to finally using my Hydrogen with whatever Komodo is...
    PresidentialFilmPhoto.com
    Cinematography & Fashion/Glamour Photography

Thanks all. Some great examples and lovly images. Can ask is there the same problem with a magenta cast on the wide lens like the Leica M? I was hoping not and as nobody has mentioned it ....
    I've got a black belt in keeping it real!

Do you use the photo version or a rehoused version of Leica-R ?

I had the 28-90, as well as the 21-35, and 100mm APO when I had the Scarlet MX, but sold to finance the jump to Dragon, and it definitely stung a bit. I lucked out in securing them right before the prices skyrocketed. The 28-90 served me well, and I do miss it, but the sharpness from 28 until about 35 was not stellar wide open - not horrible, but not the best performance. 35, and above is definitely the sweet spot for that lens, and below, stop down if you can. At 90mm, it is near APO performance... The lens did have great modern character though, and the aspheric surfaces resulted in good correction. The variable aperture was a bit annoying at times, but I dealt with it.

At times, I have thought about re-acquiring this lens, but at its current cost, I'm not absolutely sure it's worth it - mostly because of the wide open performance at 28mm.

What I would really love is if RED would make an S mount. Hey guys - please!!!!

The focus smearing/magenta is a non issue for this lens - that is a characteristic of the M mount lenses.

I used the Leitax adapters - rock solid...