Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Epic-W playback shows pink on overexposed areas

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A client renting my camera is having this issue on playback only. Any chance this goes away with the next firmware update?
    David Callahan
    Resolute Visuals
    www.resolutevisuals.tv

I just had this issue with pink highlights and the over all image being underexposed on the red helium epic-w with firmware 7.1.0.1
    I fixed this by going to menu>settings>maintinance>RestoreSystem> and pressing the Wipe Camera button.
    Exposure is back to normal and the pink highlights are gone.

It should be noted that the raw file was fine even when the problem was present, however it was difficult to expose properly as the histogram was also affected.

You should contact Red and alert them to the problem. From the dates in this thread, it appears that this issue was solved a long time ago... but just popped back up on your camera.

I’m interested in how this turns out because we’re thinking about getting an epic-w.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Veneman View Post
    I just had this issue with pink highlights and the over all image being underexposed on the red helium epic-w with firmware 7.1.0.1
    I fixed this by going to menu>settings>maintinance>RestoreSystem> and pressing the Wipe Camera button.
    Exposure is back to normal and the pink highlights are gone.

It should be noted that the raw file was fine even when the problem was present, however it was difficult to expose properly as the histogram was also affected.
    William Howell
    Senior Creative and Multimedia Producer
    Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
    www.ihmc.us
    https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/articl...ics-walk-again