Thread: Red scarlet MX losing the date and informations data

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Think I'm having the same issue - my Scarlet-MX won't remember stuff like overlay settings, SSD time versus % remaining.....

Anyone found a hacky way to do this themselves? If it's out of warranty anyway.....
    Anglo-American DP, shooting docs and branded content in LA.

tomdowler.com
    longhaulfilms.com
    lettinggoofadele.com
    restartingthemotorcity.com

Tom. Did you find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Dowler View Post
    Think I'm having the same issue - my Scarlet-MX won't remember stuff like overlay settings, SSD time versus % remaining.....

Anyone found a hacky way to do this themselves? If it's out of warranty anyway.....
    Norbert Niederacher
    Weapon MG, The Clutch, ActionCam, Schneider Xenon

I was just told by a RED technician in support that for a full recharge of the internal battery you need to have it run for 35 hours straight for a complete recharge. Apparently it doesn't recharge when plugged into AC or a battery and in the OFF position and the camera (Epic-W) not running. Sorry, but that is what I was just told, at least for the Epic-W.

Quote Originally Posted by James Gebryel View Post
    I was just told by a RED technician in support that for a full recharge of the internal battery you need to have it run for 35 hours straight for a complete recharge. Apparently it doesn't recharge when plugged into AC or a battery and in the OFF position and the camera (Epic-W) not running. Sorry, but that is what I was just told, at least for the Epic-W.
    Yeah, we've heard about that "solution" in the other *big* thread on this issue.

Unfortunately the 30hour charging is for DSMC2 only and still doesn't work every time. DSMC1 cameras gotta go back for a $300-700 "repair". Apparently someone in the other thread replaced the battery themselves by tearing down an out of warranty camera (not sure I'd risk it though).

This is the absolute stupidest thing I have ever read.
    Absolutely idiotic design, a problem that simply should not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Stian Svendsen View Post
    This is the absolute stupidest thing I have ever read.
    Absolutely idiotic design, a problem that simply should not exist.
    Sooo stupid. I have had my Raven for 5 months, is the internal battery 5 years or older ... ?

Videocameras for $500 are better than this.

My new Raven had initial issues with loosing date and time and even loosing FPS settings. I was told by Red technician to charge my camera for 36 hours and this did the trick, and now it is resolved

I DO IT FINALLY IN MY RED EPIC X MX!!!

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ery-RED-EPIC-X

Well done Toni.You're a brave man!

Same boat here, second time my battery's gone and since the camera's no longer supported, it's extremely unlikely I'll be sending it back. That means all shoots going forward or indeed the future sale of the camera has to account for this problem.

Looking at the images Toni Tur posted, the battery in the MX (Epic) isn't rechargeable, so any suggestion of leaving it on to recharge seems incorrect. Some batteries will recover slightly with heat and I suspect that accounts for my Scarlet retaining the date & time if I leave it on for an hour, disconnect all power, then restart. After ten or fifteen minutes though it's back to 2010.

It's rock solid in every other way and still shoots great images, but I'd really prefer to not have this as an issue at all.

M