Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade Paths

Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    You couldn't be more wrong Randy. You actually just got in the front seat and slammed on the gas. I can't even imagine how many of us s-w and even raven preorders who were infront of you waiting just got out of line to switch to the helium. Dragon sensors are made sepertly from helium sensors. There was just nothing they could do to keep up with demand. Wether they have a million epic ws ready or none they still crank out every single dragon sensor they get.

Due to their generosity and never ending brainstorming--this entire upgrade deal they likely saved you months more of waiting. I'd be saying THANK YOU BRENT AND JARRED!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Kessler View Post
    Understand Brent. But watching newly announced cameras fly off the shelves and delivered to customers is somewhat frustrating to folks that have been waiting for months. Maybe I am wrong with my perception of the availability of these new cameras, but it seems like the Raven and Scarlet-W folks are taking a "back seat" to the 8K S35 and 8K VV folks. Don't get me wrong, being able to upgrade to an 8K S35 camera from a Raven for $19K is a great deal, but as a small company, we can't afford that jump yet and just want to get our Raven so we can start making "beautiful, eye candy videos" for our clients. Just venting a little bit Brent, sorry for griping. Have a great day and get some rest!
    No one is taking a back seat to anyone, in fact, the entire month of May was dedicated to Raven manufacturing only. They're making Heliums and Dragons side by side because they're two totally different sensors, two totally different manufacturing lines. They're not necessarily easier or harder to make, it's just that sometimes they yield 10, sometimes they get 100. There's no way to truly nail down the exact day your camera will be made, just that there's a lot of people in line, and people switching to a different line will make your line shorter. Stick with it. RED will take care of you in the long run.
    @ajt4k

ajt4k.com

REDucated June 2012

Scarlet-X #2098
    Raven #61

CR Entertainment Technician, Video
    DLR Technical Services
    TWDC, Inc.

Sadly, our country market isn't ready for this amazing tech except at the very high end. My little Dragon will have to wait a while.
    Does anyone know how long the upgrade offers will last?

till around dec 31 Paul
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Russell View Post
    Sadly, our country market isn't ready for this amazing tech except at the very high end. My little Dragon will have to wait a while.
    Does anyone know how long the upgrade offers will last?
    December 31st 2016, or while supplies last (which basically means, if a bunch of people the upgrade path, they reserve the right to end any and all specific paths before the 31st)
    @ajt4k

ajt4k.com

REDucated June 2012

Scarlet-X #2098
    Raven #61

CR Entertainment Technician, Video
    DLR Technical Services
    TWDC, Inc.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Anderson View Post
    Can you still buy the Weapon MG?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Kessler View Post
    Understand Brent. But watching newly announced cameras fly off the shelves and delivered to customers is somewhat frustrating to folks that have been waiting for months. Maybe I am wrong with my perception of the availability of these new cameras, but it seems like the Raven and Scarlet-W folks are taking a "back seat" to the 8K S35 and 8K VV folks. Don't get me wrong, being able to upgrade to an 8K S35 camera from a Raven for $19K is a great deal, but as a small company, we can't afford that jump yet and just want to get our Raven so we can start making "beautiful, eye candy videos" for our clients. Just venting a little bit Brent, sorry for griping. Have a great day and get some rest!
    Two different lines. Two different sensors.

Every person that switches from RAVEN or SCARLET-W to a HELIUM camera puts you one step closer…

the SCARLET-W and RAVEN will remain EXTREMELY popular, and it's easy to see why. They are fkn incredible! So yes the move to helium HAS to be helping but I'm sure there will still be a line for such an amazing deal for red tech.
    Having said that I HAVE seen quite a few people on Facebook posting unboxing videos in the last days and weeks, so I know they are shipping. Hang in there Randy.
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Hi,

Is there any news for the financing program in EU ? My Bomb squad doesn't know yet how it works.

I can only jump to Epic-W with this program, so if you have any information it's cool !

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    No.
    Weapon MG had less than a year on the field before going extinct. What does this mean for us who probably won't afford going Weapon Helium now? What happens if the camera fails within warranty? I'm reluctant to go Epic-W because it's just 30 fps in full s35 while my MG does 82 fps.

The basic question, how does the future look for MG owners who won't be able to afford going forward before December 31st?
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    Weapon MG had less than a year on the field before going extinct. What happens if the camera fails within warranty? The basic question, how does the future look for MG owners who won't be able to afford going forward before December 31st?
    I don't understand what you are worried about. Your Weapon MG is just as amazing today as it was on October 10, one of the most powerful and capable cameras on the planet. RED will continue to support the MG with service and parts, just like they have with the other RED models that have been discontinued. If you can't upgrade, then relax and enjoy shooting with a camera that most people would kill for.
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN Renting Weapon Helium, Gemini, Raven, Alexa Studio, Alexa Mini
    Primes: Atlas Anamorphics, Cooke Panchro Classic, Sigma Cine, Celere HS, Leica R, Zeiss Contax
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Duclos 11-16
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig, Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine matteboxes, FSI monitors
    ------
    Cinematography/Production Professor, Compass College of Cinematic Arts, Grand Rapids, MI