Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Any UK people on here getting a RED?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks Jarred

Random, very intresting. Defo have a chat as DI workflow is something I'm looking into at the moment. Hopefully going to eval Iradas SpeedGrade soon in the new year once I've decided on drives/monitors etc.. how all this fit together is another thing ;)

If you have time please email me about any thoughts on workflows that you currently have. Take it that due to Red not actually being out yet this could be tricky.. just want some kind of idea. Were looking as on-set grading also.In an ideal world we could shoot to disk them transfer to a portable raid of our own and bring that back to the studio. Will only people with the Red have the red-cine software?

questions questions!...:)

Hey, a RED for the Redcoats!! Sounds right at least :-)!!

Joe C.

Quote Originally Posted by randomfactor View Post
    The Red is definitely the way to go for VFX. I have several VFX friends in Soho who are dying to use us next year, subject to the delivery of the kit.
    One of the big FX houses have asked me for a demo of mine, they're very interested in how an all digital workflow would benefit them and want to know how it matches up to 35mm.

Could probably make a living just touring FX facilities ;)

which post house? ;)

Whats the price comparison rental wise going to compare to? Super16? 35?

ta

s

Quote Originally Posted by flameop View Post
    which post house? ;)
    Framestore.

Whats the price comparison rental wise going to compare to? Super16? 35?
    I'm probably gonna price my camera (if I decide to rent it out) in line with the Arri SR3 (or 416)

Quote Originally Posted by flameop View Post
    Thanks Jarred

Random, very intresting. Defo have a chat as DI workflow is something I'm looking into at the moment. Hopefully going to eval Iradas SpeedGrade soon in the new year once I've decided on drives/monitors etc.. how all this fit together is another thing ;)

If you have time please email me about any thoughts on workflows that you currently have. Take it that due to Red not actually being out yet this could be tricky.. just want some kind of idea. Were looking as on-set grading also.In an ideal world we could shoot to disk them transfer to a portable raid of our own and bring that back to the studio. Will only people with the Red have the red-cine software?

questions questions!...:)
    I can give you lots of help regarding all the above. This can range from basic advice all the way to designing custom workflows and systems intergration based around your requirements and budget. Personally I wouldn't recommend Iridas Speedgrade. We evaluated it a while ago and it just failed to perform. My friend was their UK distro and he finally grew sick of Iridas lack of support and inability to provide fixes. It's a shame as it could have potentially been a great product, as Iridas Framecycler is for previewing 2K VFX shots. Also it isn't very user friendly:(
    Adam Jeal
    Acoustic Space Productions Ltd
    www.acoustic-space.com
    www.static-film.com
    www.twitter.com/adamjeal

Another Red coming to London.

Good to be here on this new forum. I've been reading for a while now, and been frustrated at not being able to contribute while I waited for my account to be activated.

Nick

Well I'm English if that counts but my RED is not going to be gracing the shores of ol' Blighty in the near future. Currently living in the western Pacific and diving almost daily to increase underwater archives and library stock. RED will be baptized next year courtesy of a GATES underwater housing (in production). BUT if any of you fellow Brits are planning movies etc and are looking for an underwater shooter (with cam/housing/underwater HMI's) then I'm gonna be available with RED as and when #954 becomes available.

Cheers,
    Mark.
    "A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live"

liquidmocean

9. #19 Dewald Aukema 
    North West London. Camera #685. Feature films and doc's with the odd commercial.
    Would make sense to form a UK support group in case two bodies are required for either back up or 2nd unit.
    Dewald Aukema SASC
    www.dewaldaukema.com

I'm American, and a large portion of my ancestry was originally Scandinavian, but the remainder of my ancestry is from UK - Wales and England to be exact. I've worked in UK many times (Cornwall, Wales, etc.), and I look forward to working there again. I have two RED cameras coming: #8 and #700. We're already planning a shooting trip to Scandinavia after receiving #8, so maybe we'll stop by London on the way. If we do, I'd be happy to meet up with any of you so you can check out the camera. We're based half way between Los Angeles and the Bay Area, and there are numerous and affordable flights from both of those areas to the UK - so UK is easily reachable for me.
    Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com

Co-Producer, IMAX film CUBA - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ijvjeZ89qY
    Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/stevegibby/