Thread: Possible Stolen RED Epic Dragon #07766 in Burbank, CA

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. #1 Possible Stolen RED Epic Dragon #07766 in Burbank, CA 
    I'm pretty devastated to announce that I think my camera (aka my whole life) RED Epic Dragon #07766, has been stolen by a guy named Eric L. Beasley in Burbank, CA. He has bailed on any contact after he was supposed to return the gear 48 hours ago. Any info on where to post to keep a lookout for it would be greatly appreciated. I will be taking the necessary steps to claim this on my insurance, however I'm offering a $1,000 reward for its return or even possibly his whereabouts or that of the gear.He stated that he would be shooting at Milk Studios on Friday for a shoot titled "Sock It To Me" with producer Ben Greenstein.I was just in the process of ordering tamper-proof stickers for the gear, but for now I had a lot of pieces marked with purple and hot pink gaff tape. I have attached a list of the gear that was with the camera at the time it was taken. What isn't listed is that it was in 2 HPRC Cases, 1 kinda beat-up large black 2700W missing 2 top handles, a smaller red 2550W, and a Cartoni Kata bag.Again, I appreciate any help. Thanks a million!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Evan Ziss; 09-05-2016 at 03:03 PM.

That's awful, Evan. I drive past Milk Studios on Cole Avenue in Hollywood all the time. Did he actually make the session, or was that a fake as well?

I hope to god you had insurance...
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

I hate hearing stories like this. I hope they find him. A full physical description might help if he tries or had tried this with other rental/owners. Might help the police build a case (if there isn't one already on this guy).
    Movme inc.
    Red Epic-W s/n 4015, 8K Digital Cinema Camera
    MacBook Pro 6 core, FCP-X
    DJI Ronin, Ready Rig, Vaxis 500+, Tilta Nucleus-M, OSEE HSM-700, Dynacore Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
    That's awful, Evan. I drive past Milk Studios on Cole Avenue in Hollywood all the time. Did he actually make the session, or was that a fake as well?

I hope to god you had insurance...
    He wrote in his post that he has insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Ziss View Post
    I'm pretty devastated to announce that I think my camera (aka my whole life) RED Epic Dragon #07766, has been stolen by a guy named Eric L. Beasley in Burbank, CA. He has bailed on any contact after he was supposed to return the gear 48 hours ago. Any info on where to post to keep a lookout for it would be greatly appreciated. I will be taking the necessary steps to claim this on my insurance, however I'm offering a $1,000 reward for its return or even possibly his whereabouts or that of the gear.He stated that he would be shooting at Milk Studios on Friday for a shoot titled "Sock It To Me" with producer Ben Greenstein.I was just in the process of ordering tamper-proof stickers for the gear, but for now I had a lot of pieces marked with purple and hot pink gaff tape. I have attached a list of the gear that was with the camera at the time it was taken. What isn't listed is that it was in 2 HPRC Cases, 1 kinda beat-up large black 2700W missing 2 top handles, a smaller red 2550W, and a Cartoni Kata bag.Again, I appreciate any help. Thanks a million!
    How did he pay? With a credit card? Did you make a copy/take a photo of his license?

I got copies of all information but his ID isn't really his current address. His card didn't have enough for my insurance deductible. I usually don't charge it to smaller shows just to help them out.

Senior Member Marcos Montenegro's Avatar
    Oh man, these are nightmare stories for all of us owners/operators out there.
    Sending you good vibes Evan. Hope she comes back to you safely and that this was all a misunderstanding.
    MARCOS MONTENEGRO
    K'ASUNEL STUDIOS
    Based in Baltimore / travel worldwide
    DP, DIRECTOR, PRODUCER, WRITER, AUDIO PRO

Epic-M Dragon 02984 "LA LEYENDA"

Have you contacted Milk and the producer to check and see if it was a real or fake session?
    Levi Arnold
    Creative Director | Cinematographer
    Open Fire Media, LLC
    219-208-0720
    Chicago and Indianapolis

Rentals available: Jimmy Jib, RED Epic Dragon, MoVI.

Give us more information. Anything is helpful. How old did this guy look and what was the DOB on his DL?

He needs to be Corrected...
    Mike McEntire
    Mack Dawg Productions
    Oceanside, CA