Thread: Group Buy - Tilta Gravity Gimbal

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 59 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    This is an awesome group buy, thank you for organising! I was wondering how payments are going to be taken?

Chris, thanks for checking and Constantine, thanks for the insights into the matter of locking axes on gimbals. Very helpful!
    Sebastian Moretto - AVENIR Film Production
    EPIC-W HELIUM #1000
    EPIC-X DRAGON #302
    RED ONE MX #302
    www.avenir-film.com

Senior Member constantine Tirintzis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Moretto View Post
    Chris, thanks for checking and Constantine, thanks for the insights into the matter of locking axes on gimbals. Very helpful!
    No prob, you can disable the motor how ever and lock it physically this way it doesnt have to be powered so no prob. You biggest problem is that the roll doesnt do 180-360 degrees and thats what makes it a problem to your application.

the other is camera size , you will be limited , and you will be carrying extra height and extra axis weight etc with out a real meaning since roll is all you need. Tilt wont work well either on this application..

regards
    Constantine Tirintzis
    Steadicam,Robotics,design & engineering
    constantine@flowcine.com

Yeah, those are pretty much my concerns as well. No one size fits all, I guess. That's why I'm also considering the Letux Helix 1-Axis Pro. Unfortunately, I haven't found anyone yet with experience how well that unit performs in real world shooting scenarios.
    Sebastian Moretto - AVENIR Film Production
    EPIC-W HELIUM #1000
    EPIC-X DRAGON #302
    RED ONE MX #302
    www.avenir-film.com

Hi
    Is there a minimum payload? Is 11 pounds official? Can it work looking 90 deg. down?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Hi Chris, I'm out of the country at the moment, but this has grabbed my interest.

Questions. I'm assuming the Gravity kit includes the hard case and all that. Other questions.

- How many batteries are included with the kit?
    - How difficult would it be to wire a RED LCD/EVF Lemo cable through the thing?

Thanks. I haven't had my hands on one to test it, but the payload capacity has me very interested.

Need to look up some footage shot with this thing next.
    2 Batteries are included. If we reach 50 orders, another battery will be added at no charge.

In terms of running a RED LCD cable through..I don't have it front of my at the moment (in France on a job) but when I get back I'll check. I think it would be difficult using the standard thick cables, however, you could probably run one of the ultra-thin ones through with no problem. I'll double check for you next week when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Ziss View Post
    This is an awesome group buy, thank you for organising! I was wondering how payments are going to be taken?
    Outlined in the main post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Moretto View Post
    Presently, it can only be done via the mimic, however, Tilta will be working on implementing that into their app here shortly - just got confirmation from them and they claimed it would be easy to incorporate!

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel Weiss View Post
    Hi
    Is there a minimum payload? Is 11 pounds official? Can it work looking 90 deg. down?
    Thank you
    Guys, please read the first post and check the site linked.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

Put me down for an Armor Man for now...

Tom Van

Epic-X and Epic-W
    www.tomvan.com

+1 on armorman only

Interested. Gravity +Armorman...

10. #110 I have the Gravity and ArmorMan 2 Review 
    All,
    I've had the Gravity for about 3 weeks and today used it in tandem with the Armor Man2. Unfortunately I am new to gimbals and you should take that into consideration as you read on.
    The Gravity does indeed work right out of the box. The remote system however is buggy and my several attempts to control the camera even with the slightest movement makes the camera move wildly. The support for the Gravity (as well as the manual) is superficial. There is also a smartphone app which can be used in unison but (especially for me being new to gimbals) lacks any obvious presets and directions to tune the unit.
    I am mounting a Fs7 and it was quite easy to balance--although it took me several viewings of Ronin "how to" videos to decipher the Gravity manual.
    Of course it is a beast to shoot for more than 5 minutes and I looked forward to the Armor Mans arrival. Astoundingly, the Armor Man came with even less information than the Gravity! No "how to" build it or what tunes what! Regardless it was fairly easy to build. Once on it absolutely supports the rig. All weight is off of shoulders and arms; transferring it to the hips with slight to noticeable pressure to the lower back. It is a marvel. I've worn it twice now both times in excess of 30 minutes, I'm sure it's feasible to work it for hours.
    It's not perfect as footsteps seem to be more obvious in the footage--no doubt a mixture of physics, tuning and my inexperience. But maybe that's a trade off you're willing to do for the longevity you can get.

And finally it sucks to be a new adopter of new gear; I've been monitoring the Internet every 24 hours for postings on both pieces of equipment and there's scant little--in fact this post (as inferior as it is) is as close as you're going to get as a users review.