Thread: Wooden Camera D-tap to Epic/Scarlet/Weapon braided flexible power cable

Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 Wooden Camera D-tap to Epic/Scarlet/Weapon braided flexible power cable 
    Senior Member Curran Giddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Great Barrington, MA
    Posts
    4,453
    I have a Red battery plate (with a D-tap port) mounted on the Ronin handlebars and the Jetpack module for power input on my Scarlet-W.
    I ordered this cable from B&H:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...n_braided.html

    It turns out the cable has a right-angle LEMO connector, NOT straight. Right-angle cables are useless on the Jetpack / gimbal setup. I checked the wooden camera website and they only show a picture of the cable with right-angle LEMO. The B&H website shows a straight LEMO, but they only ship with right-angle LEMO. Same part numbers too. I don't want someone else making the same mistake.

    Solar System Studio / Havana, Cuba
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member ignition's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    226
    Got caught out by this too! I actually rotated the power input connector on my Jetpack (so the right angle could work) as from memory by default the right angle is pushing into the jetpack body, whereas rotating it 180 makes it exit neatly away from the body.
    Cheers,

    Darren Vukasinovic | Ignition Pictures
    Melbourne, Victoria - Australia
    RED Weapon 6K CF Dragon #00702 "Ripley"
    RT Mk 3.1 Motion Wireless FF, Bolt Pro 2000 Wireless TX/RX + Bolt Sidekick, Bright Tangerine Strummer DNA MB
    Camera Equipment Hire, Crew & Production Support, Dragon Aerial Cinematography
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Jarek Zabczynski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Posts
    2,405
    Interesting, Wooden Camera sent me a straight one.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

    Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer


    Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Curran Giddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Great Barrington, MA
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Zabczynski View Post
    Interesting, Wooden Camera sent me a straight one.
    I guess I will just have to call them and specify what I need. Maybe they started off using straight LEMOs and recently switched to only right-angle.

    Quote Originally Posted by ignition View Post
    Got caught out by this too! I actually rotated the power input connector on my Jetpack (so the right angle could work) as from memory by default the right angle is pushing into the jetpack body, whereas rotating it 180 makes it exit neatly away from the body.
    I was thinking about trying that. Nice to know it works.

    Solar System Studio / Havana, Cuba
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Curran Giddens View Post
    I have a Red battery plate (with a D-tap port) mounted on the Ronin handlebars and the Jetpack module for power input on my Scarlet-W.
    I ordered this cable from B&H:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...n_braided.html
    Curran,

    I just checked the B&H page and it looks like the picture they have is a D-Tap to Right Angle connector. We sell it with a Right angle for use with the Base Expander as well as the Epic/Scarlet Dragon. We can, however, make custom cables if you order directly through us. Just select the cable, check out, then shoot us over an email, with your order number, at info@woodencamera.com and we can make it with a straight connector and custom length.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Curran Giddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Great Barrington, MA
    Posts
    4,453
    Thanks Michael. I requested a custom straight LEMO connector in the shipping notes on my order form.

    Solar System Studio / Havana, Cuba
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Curran Giddens View Post
    Thanks Michael. I requested a custom straight LEMO connector in the shipping notes on my order form.
    Great! We listened to you guys and have updated the Webpage for the D-Tap Braided Flex Epic/Scarlet/Dragon/Weapon to have a drop down menu to select Right Angle or Straight.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member Curran Giddens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Great Barrington, MA
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Millichamp View Post
    Great! We listened to you guys and have updated the Webpage for the D-Tap Braided Flex Epic/Scarlet/Dragon/Weapon to have a drop down menu to select Right Angle or Straight.
    Great! B&H also changed the photo after I called them. Jetpack module is perfect for gimbal work, but we can only use Straight LEMOs.

    Solar System Studio / Havana, Cuba
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Millichamp View Post
    Great! We listened to you guys and have updated the Webpage for the D-Tap Braided Flex Epic/Scarlet/Dragon/Weapon to have a drop down menu to select Right Angle or Straight.
    Thanks! Ordered two straights and they arrive tomorrow. You guys are fantastic!
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

    "Dream so big you can share!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts