Thread: Rec Trigger

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hi Daniel,
    The new version of the raven is using DSMC2 protocol to trigger the camera, it is not possible to use the for DSMC
    trigger .
    It is not compatible.

From what I see the new triggers protocol is much better and more universally supported from other equipment.

Thanks,

Last edited by James Kuo; 11-07-2016 at 10:50 AM.
    Cine Gears Inc., Asian Marketing Division

So...are ya'll saying that the GentWire 102 will not work with the JetPack Expander and the Raven?

Did anyone find a fix for this? I have a weapon MG and a tilta side handle 2.0 with all the settings correct but nothing seems to work and also when I unplug the handle it starts and stops recording.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    Bob Hoste
    Red Weapon CF 6K
    Red Weapon MG 6K
    Zeiss ZE Prime set
    Movi M15

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hoste View Post
    Did anyone find a fix for this? I have a weapon MG and a tilta side handle 2.0 with all the settings correct but nothing seems to work and also when I unplug the handle it starts and stops recording.
    Same issue with Tilta Nucleus M + Raven. Start/stop does not work, however if I unplug start/stop lemo cable from Tilta Nucleus's Handle then camera start recording by itself (lol).

Raven (just upgarded with new firmware
    Setting: In BRAIN GPIO
    SW In High (Record: Start)
    SW In High (Record: Stop)
    GPO Function (Sync Out)

Tilta Nuucles M (just ungraded with new firmware)
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Perhaps this guys can help out.

https://mediablackout.net/blogs/news...igger-protocol
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Red Updates Sync Trigger Protocol

And Now We Have DSMC˛

With the introduction of the DSMC˛ body, the I/O has been completely removed from the camera brain and resides on what Red calls Expanders (Red's update to what they had been calling Modules on the first generation DSMC body). This allows the user to choose what I/O they would like to utilize and what form factor they would prefer for them. The first Expander Red released, called the Base Expander, featured all the connectors that had previously been mounted on the camera body. This Expander was also the last Expander to feature a Schmitt trigger. This is where things get a bit tricky.

For all the Expanders released after the Base Expander, Red has updated its trigger protocol to match Arri standard momentary ground. This is important for a few reasons:

Legacy cables will not be able to be used on new Weapon expanders
    Cables with the new protocol will not work with first generation DSMC modules or the Weapon Base Expander
    Not every Weapon Body will necessarily be using the new protocol - The Base Expander uses a legacy Schmitt trigger

What Can We Do?

Media Blackout prides itself on creating unique designs and solving problems for camera dept. As of this writing, we are able to wire any Red cable for either protocol, but changes on the website will take a bit of time. Don't worry, if you order a Red RS cable, we will contact you with options to get the protocol you need.

Since the new protocol is an open collector, legacy cables shouldn't cause damage if they're made correctly for the first generation DSMC bodies. The same is true if you use a cable made for momentary ground on legacy equipment.

If you are looking to get legacy cables rewired, order cables with the new protocol, or make adapters to use both, please contact us.

Media Blackout now offers the Red Schmitt to Pulse Adapter, which adapts legacy cables with the new protocol: https://mediablackout.net/products/r...-pulse-adapter

----------------------------------------------------
    Is this triggering protocol the same as the ones used in the sdi signal to start/stop an external recorder?
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Thanks Joel and all my dear fellas'

Found the solution from Team Tilta CA.
    Instead of connecting cable to CTRL, I was using SYNC (lol)

All DSMC2 … Start/Stop cable should be connected in CTRL
    All DSMC1 … Start/Stop cable should be connected in SYNC
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Hello Kwan! I just plugged tilta nucleus M handle with REC trigger to the CTRL port of RED Raven but it still does not work. Could you please tell maybe i set a wrong parameters or missing some settings for this?

Guys! I find my mistake!!! And i find solution. So my settings in Brain GPIO SW In High: Record: Start SW In Low: Record: Stop GPO Function: Sync Out. But important thing you will do.
    Go to Menu->Settings->Setup->Communication->Serial
    Ctrl Protocol: should be RED Command Protocol (RCP)

And when i made this settings, my REC button on tilta nucleus m started work.