Thread: Rec Trigger

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Rec Trigger 
    Hey guys,

My Raven is currently in the post, can't wait to get my hands on it!

I was hope this community might be able to offer some advice. I'm looking for a REC trigger button for my raven. Something that I plug into the CTRL port and place on the tripod handle, preferably something that I can press whilst wearing a glove. I've read a bit about red changing the control protocol on some of the new DSMC2 modules... But I wasn't much wiser about what would work for me.

These are two options that I've seen. What do people think? Anything else I should check out? Thanks in advance!

http://cinegears.com/portfolio/cineg...igger-for-red/ > ideally not this one as it needs an extra power source.

http://www.kinogrip.com/store/p23/KinoTrigger.html

Base expander needs the powered one.
    Jetpack module and i/o vlock module uses a momentary button between pin 1 and 2, so no power required.

Both systems use the same 4 pin lemo connector, but are not interchangeable so beware. You could fry your module.
    RAVEN #00886

I think this is cool.

http://woodencamera.com/NAB-2016/Woo...igger-Box.html

I have the new grips, they are great
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

i cant trigger my raven through the sync port, we've been on support with preston and red for over a week. we got the right cables from preston, red, wooden camera, etc. nothing works. next we might switch the vlock to the weapon and see if if works with a weapon brain. preston thinks its either a firmware problem or a menu setting on the brain. please let me know if anyone has been successful with triggering a scarlet-w or raven through a vlock expander or jetpack.

Hey Jordan, what module are you using? the v-lock I/O? What trigger are you using?
    Being able to trigger record reliably is super important for the way I shoot (I film mostly wildlife). I'm wondering about even waiting for the tilta module or an Omod so that I know this wont be a problem.

I've used Gentwire-Red for trigger recording on Scarlet, Epic and Dragon cameras while making drone aerials.
    Now I have new Scarlet-W and can't make it to work. Plugged in Sync port on Jetpack expander, red led on the cable lights on when RC toggle is switched but recording on Scarlet-W doesn't start.
    It's interesting that when I pull out cable from sync port than recording start and when I put the cable back recording stops.
    I have set in Brain/GPIO menu for recording start and recording stop. Do you have any idea what should I do to be able to use this trigger with my Scarlet-W?

GPIO/sync menu are different in Scarlet-W compared to DSMC menus. I can't find the way to trigger recording with Gentwire trigger :(
    Attached Images

really? that is not good if you can interchange and damage with no notice in vendor discussion. Is this accurate?
    What is price for cinegear unit? and save to use with jetpack on weapon?
    $200 plus for momentary interrupt switch is humorous - but I guess most of that is for the LEMO connector ;)
    Anyone make LEMO connectors? Radio Shack or similar momentary interrupt would work just fine, right?

Cinegear's new modular camera trigger (RED DSMC2) package works great for any camera function control (via sync port): http://cinegears.com/product/cinegea...igger-package/

Quote Originally Posted by Dragan Trifunovic View Post
    I've used Gentwire-Red for trigger recording on Scarlet, Epic and Dragon cameras while making drone aerials.
    Now I have new Scarlet-W and can't make it to work. Plugged in Sync port on Jetpack expander, red led on the cable lights on when RC toggle is switched but recording on Scarlet-W doesn't start.
    It's interesting that when I pull out cable from sync port than recording start and when I put the cable back recording stops.
    I have set in Brain/GPIO menu for recording start and recording stop. Do you have any idea what should I do to be able to use this trigger with my Scarlet-W?
    I experimented the same issue with a powered trigger. Works with weapon and epic mx but not with my Scarlet. Did you find a fix for this problem?