Thread: RedCine "Look" isn't Sticking When Linked in Avid

Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

1. #1 RedCine "Look" isn't Sticking When Linked in Avid 
    For the life of me I can't figure this out. I spent a lot of time dialing in a look in RedCine (Build 39), saved the project, have the Edit-Preferences-Automatically Save RMD Files on... when I close out the project and re-open it, everything looks like it should. However, when I got into Avid 8, I do Input/Link to Media, the clips populate (I have the latest RED AMA plug-in installed). However, the clips look like the REDLog, but nothing is applied. I right-click the clip, Source Settings-Linked Plugin... and it the "look" name is right there, says the look how it was named in REDCine... but it doesn't look like anything's been done.

I then exported an RMD look out of REDCine to my desktop, tried directly applying that in Avid... nothing.

I had an 'ah ha' moment thinking... I used a 3D LUT in REDCine, maybe that's somehow not being included...? To check this, I exported an RMD without it and tried applying that look to the clips -- nothing, didn't carry over.

Then I saved the test look (an ugly blue wash), without a LUT... and THAT didn't stick either.

I'm totally at a loss. The only thing I can think of is that maybe Avid 8 doesn't talk to clips well? I'm going to take it into my office and try Avid 7 tomorrow, to check-off that variable.

Has this happened to anyone?

I have seen some bizarre behavior with RMD but mainly was around not showing the proper color space defined in the RMD. Other parameters were observed. What version of 8.x are you running?
    ‎"There are a thousand ways to point a camera, but really only one."
    Ernst Lubitsch

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelP View Post
    I have seen some bizarre behavior with RMD but mainly was around not showing the proper color space defined in the RMD. Other parameters were observed. What version of 8.x are you running?
    I'm at my edit bay at work, will get that info asap, but I know for sure the plug-in is the most up to date. Oh, I tried it here, same thing. It's super odd. However, the LUT isn't here, if that makes a difference. It's not showing up right in RedCine at work but at home it's fine because everything is locally-stored.

Do you have the card mounted as read/write?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dreher View Post
    Do you have the card mounted as read/write?
    Sorry, I should have been more clear, I transferred it to a drive, working off of that.